This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: British

Seminole Civilisation?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:40 am

Here is the WIP Google Doc;

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mRa ... sp=sharing

Please put any suggestions you might have in the comments.
Last edited by sirnori on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:54 am, edited 24 times in total.

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Re: Seminole Civilisation?

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:42 am

Maybe replace the minor native with the Creek/Muscogee? I'll elaborate further on a minor replacement when I have the time.

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 am

sirnori. your new suggest of this colony is good, but i think you need to replace the name of Guerilla Cavalry, because the Guerilla Cavalry in your suggest colony may make me confused with colombian Guerilla Cavalry, emergency hand cavalry from destroyed building.... of course you may need for permission from WOL member to do so. You know that i'd like new creative colony because it would make game more interesting, however
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 am

Okay, I'll change it to Miccosukee Horseman.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:27 am

Hm... this civ design is certainly going somewhere, but feels a tad too close to he Tupi. I also dunno if it's wise to make a civ where everything is not only stealthy but can't be detected since people have complained to hell and back about the Inquisitor.

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 am

sirnori wrote: Okay, I'll change it to Miccosukee Horseman.
hmm, that sounds good.... ah, sirnori . I forgot, about the villager stealth ability, i have some suggestion, only if WOL member accept your suggest colony:
you can take egypt Bedouin as example (the picture i've uploaded below). I afraid that you have to create an unique villager for this colony from the following formation:
  1. The blue section: contain of building that seminole villager build, make sure that limit of building to add in this section is 12
  2. The green section: formation or ability, this is the section that you can add and choose stealth ability, along with normal tactic which villager can build, gather, attack, ... make sure limit of this section is 6 
I've learned this formation from Swiss follower and USA Frontiersman in AOE 3 NE

BG Rampo

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:55 am

There's somewhat difference between Tupi and sirnori suggest colony, Seminole. Hoop Thrower, As i detected, 
  1. Tupi infantry can gain stealth ability if they've upgraded to lv2 unit, that mean "Experienced", which is available in capital age. however, some tupi unit doesn't have stealth, like pombero, while Seminole suggest unit can gain stealth ability directly, that mean when trained, they have it, available in national age as well but not used this as default tactic
  2. Tupi warhut can't attack enemies, while Seminole suggest colony has Chickee, mix of house + warhut that can attack enemies, plus support population cap
  3. Tupi colony has 2 type of house, Oca, mix of house + food gathering , and longhouse. while Seminole suggest colony has only one, the Chickee
  4. Tupi colony has siege and artillery unit: Bocafuego and thunder cannon. while Seminole suggest colony have only one, but somewhat weak
  5. Tupi villager has 3 type with different task, while Seminole suggest colony has only one, plus stealth ability

About the seminole stealth tactic, sirnori , I think Hoop Thrower is right. Spy, geisha, mafioso, ... can see steath. so your bonuses: 
Seminole Wars: Stealthed Seminole units cannot be seen by other stealth units
seems useless

But, looks like you, sirnori, forgot The seminole explorer (eka chief) act as explorer???
Last edited by Rampo on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BG Rampo

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 am

I'll make the necessary modifications.

sirnori
Topic Author
Lassador
Lassador

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:51 am

I have removed the "impossible to detect" bonus, as well as modified the Master of the Everglades bonus. The Warchief and new Villager have been added. Do I need to do the Villager grid?

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:19 am

sirnori wrote: I have removed the "impossible to detect" bonus, as well as modified the Master of the Everglades bonus. The Warchief and new Villager have been added. Do I need to do the Villager grid?
About the villagers, ....sirnori . if you like, you can do that. but finding the voice for female villager may difficult, I remember that seminole voicesets has: Sharktooth Bowman and Native boy (in Campaign act 1 - blood, you can find the sound of native boy in this file: SPCNativeBoy_snds.xml . but you need to extract this file in SoundXML.bar first, you'll received SPCNativeBoy_snds.xml.xmb. then find a program which convert xmb to xml (it's in Aoe3ED tool), after that open SPCNativeBoy_snds.xml and you'll find the native boy soundset)

BG Rampo