This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

CyberCenobite
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Love The Tupi! Spy house looks off

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:44 pm

So I'm new to this mod and I am loving every second of it. The Tupi were probably the last addtion I thought I'd ever see in a game, but I am digging it. I usually play indigenous nations, I love the idea of playing as the warchief of a tribe of jungle dwelling "barbarians". I have noticed though the building for their Spy house is very un-tribal, un-Tupi, it looks like a big brick cathedral, totally out of place. I was wondering if that was just being used as a placeholder until something more immersive comes along, or if that's an overall aesthetic choice. 

Anyway, not complaining. You've all done a fantastic job breathing new life into this game. Now if only I could get troops to hold positions.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Re: Love The Tupi! Spy house looks off

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:50 pm

In general, the safehouse is a generic building for all cultures (except those with a different unit than the spy like the LA coronal or the Middle Eastern Hashishin) and thus keeps the same model whether it's for asians, natives, africans, or a european based culture. Could change in future but doesn't seem likely in the near future with so many big projects in the works.