This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

  • Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.
 
User avatar
christian.arneil
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:25 am

Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:48 am

It is time the proud people of the red earth and dreamtime have their story told.

This opportunity could allow the most dynamic civ within "Wars Of Liberty" given the factions that aligned with 
indigenous Aboriginals inhabitants in the era of 17th-19thcentury. 

I will be presenting a Full Tech-tree with unique researches, buildings, units and game components that will bring the Nyoongar nation to life.

Any ideas, quarries and general discussion is all welcome!

so lets talk...……..
 
User avatar
AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:10 am
Location: Madagascar
Favorite Civilization: Bulgarians
Contact:

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:58 am

Nice.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery
 
User avatar
Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:48 am
Location: Belgium
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:26 am

christian.arneil wrote: I will be presenting a Full Tech-tree with unique researches, buildings, units and game components that will bring the Nyoongar nation to life.
Why do you want us to wait? We can't discuss empty things. Maybe you should've waited opening the thread, and have opened it when you had the document ready.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612
 
User avatar
christian.arneil
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:25 am

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:33 am

Circle of Ossus wrote:
christian.arneil wrote: I will be presenting a Full Tech-tree with unique researches, buildings, units and game components that will bring the Nyoongar nation to life.
Why do you want us to wait? We can't discuss empty things. Maybe you should've waited opening the thread, and have opened it when you had the document ready.
It is currently incomplete, hence the term "I WILL be presenting", the subject is not empty as i've stated the culture that will be presented and have opened a discussion regarding it. anyone with insights or suggestions about the Nyoongar are welcome to discuss it and perhaps I can implement those ideas into the programing. Unless you have a contribution, maybe stay on the sideline for this one Flemish :) 
 
User avatar
Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:30 am
Location: Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:39 pm

Why didn't you start this topic once you had something to show?
Pretty bad call in my opinion.
Image
 
User avatar
christian.arneil
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:25 am

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 am

In my line of work and study, the discussion and process of multiple ideas contribute more so in prior form, than in hindsight. I don't rush a full product given it's significance in the aboriginal community. I am no programmer nor do I know the mechanics of cinematic construction however, I am an historian and avid player with an understanding of the game dynamics.. while you're here, what would you implement into the role a Nyoongar(West Australian) civ can inject into the game? 
 
User avatar
Luv'ert'ur
Intern
Intern
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:50 am

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:40 pm

  A design should star from a basic idea, not just said "Let's do that" and expect all of us to do the job. Take a look at The Fountain, there are good basics of how to start a design discussion.
 
User avatar
Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Posts: 1499
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:17 pm
Location: Kingdom of Araucania & Patagonia
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower
Contact:

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 pm

christian.arneil wrote: In my line of work and study, the discussion and process of multiple ideas contribute more so in prior form, than in hindsight. I don't rush a full product given it's significance in the aboriginal community. I am no programmer nor do I know the mechanics of cinematic construction however, I am an historian and avid player with an understanding of the game dynamics.. while you're here, what would you implement into the role a Nyoongar(West Australian) civ can inject into the game? 
I'm an historian and no it's not.

I at least bother to do a state of the art and some preliminary investigation before shooting into the dark.

You're just acting pretentious.
 
User avatar
Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:30 am
Location: Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Indigenous Aboriginee Civilization (Nyoongar Whadjuk)

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Yeah I'm a historian too and that certainly doesn't sound like how it is.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests