This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Trotdog
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

AOE2 Arrow volleys

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:26 pm

With the addition of the koreans in WOL while also including military unit garrisoning the garrisoning units does not provide much of a ''use'' (to my knowledge) beyond garrison volley cheese and hiding armies in buildings for ambushes. Koreans were the tower civilisation in aoe2 and one function towers had was to garrison archers in a tower for a max of 5 arrows fired per archer garrisoned.
Could a proper use for military unit garrisoning be possible?

The castle in AOE2 fires an aoe arrow multishot. is a similar behaving projectile fire possible on a unit/building in age of empires 3? as far as I know most weapons are ''hitscan'' excluding cannonfire as it can be dodged with boats etc. with ''missing'' being a percentage on hit calculated value rather than the projectile itself hitting its target.

Things I would like to see in WOL

-Flamethrower based naval unit  (like aoe2  fire ship)

-Fort/castle structure with massive arrow volley or simultaneous arrow volley in general if possible with the games limitations.

-More multishot units? can also be used as substitute for arrow volleys but like the chu-ko-nu fires multiple projectiles in succession the aoe2 longboat could have an aoe3 counterpart. (I love the korean Hwacha even if its subpar compared to a cannon its hardcore gj devs lol)

-great war infantry flamethrower

-Functional garrisoning

-likes to age rush to revolution

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Re: AOE2 Arrow volleys

Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:55 pm

If you like flamethrowers that much, play chineese?

Menczywor
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Argentinians

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Greek unique ship is Pyrpolikon so i guess its a flamethrower based naval unit, also on facebook some time ago flametrower infantry was announced (Great War). Multishots? I dont really know.

Trotdog
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:43 am

Sweet theres more than 1 flamethrower then. Organ/gatling gun is another example of rapid fire unit 
-likes to age rush to revolution

Circle of Ossus
Cassador Montado
Cassador Montado
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:39 pm

The Mehariste or so (Egypt) is now a multishot unit
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>