This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

maxmatt
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest
Favorite Civilization: Chinese

Design for Moroccans

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:08 am

Guys I am developing a design for the Moroccans, for now I have only added troops, but I will make it more "African" with time, any suggestion is welcome

Design: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gnm ... 78xIY79Ps/

Units:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K7V ... sp=sharing
Last edited by maxmatt on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Design for Moroccans

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:32 am

ok, a detail, there is an unwritten rule, each african civ should subvert 1 game aspect significatly, for example the egyptians subvert the buildings, the zulues the creation of units, you can see that in some of the design here, how are focused in one aspect.

for example my 3 african civ ideas subverts the creation of villagers, the role of the villagers and the placement of buildings.

the (non too secret) sept algerians subverts the tech reseach, the hoop benineses subverts the progression and the luv mahdist the unit upgrades.

keeping that in mind you can think in bonuses focused in a clear cause.

ps. the ethiopians subvert the idea of that each african civ should subvert one game aspect.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:05 am

Guerrab: Your troops recover hitpoints out of combat
If I had to code this, I would make the projectiles heal nearby units. IF it is possible to heal attacking units, then there is still another problem with this bonus: if heavily favors very large armies where there are lot of projectiles. An army of 20 units will not have as much healing. If the healing range is very small, it may not be an issue, but I don't think that the bonus could get meaningful then. I'm not saying that the bonus is bad though.

Also, take note of what Hrds said.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:30 am

Circle of Ossus wrote:IF it is possible to heal attacking units
Nope.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

maxmatt
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:44 pm

@HrdsHrdrdk

To tell you the truth, the whole Moroccan civilization is a subversion:

- They used European slaves
- The Elite troop is a sub-Saharan infantry (Black Guard)
- Cavalry unlike other civilizations, should be units of few hit points, it is amazing how much they like horses, but all the battles they used were massive losses.
- They still allow Spain to have enclaves in its territory.
- They received tributes from pirates / Corsairs and the USA until the Barbarian Wars
-I t's a country that tribes hate Royal authority, but they prefer to have a king so they can have the right to have their land lawless."
- Jews were treated well
-The tribal troops must be stronger than the Royals
- The Sultan "protected" piracy in his country
- One of the African countries that were never colonized, (They were only Spanish and French Protectorates)

I already think the diversified army bonus is already a great subversion

It is a very strange country, but I wanted to subvert the way they should have access to the tributes of the Corsairs, either by a building that's self-produces Corsairs and / or crates of Gold / food / wood. If not another possibility would be the option to build Citadels (from the civilizations of the ME) or Forts. Or I can accept any idea, after all I just started this design because a lot of people wanted a civilization more "interesting" than the Jamaicans, so help me please hahahaha

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:31 pm

oh no you are trying to pass historical characteristics as subvertion, NO, i mean you need to think in GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, also beside your bonuses are too germany they aren't subverting the game elements at all, they only sum, not change significatly nothing.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Luv'ert'ur
Intern
Intern

Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:42 pm

maxmatt wrote: @HrdsHrdrdk

To tell you the truth, the whole Moroccan civilization is a subversion:

- They used European slaves
- The Elite troop is a sub-Saharan infantry (Black Guard)
- Cavalry unlike other civilizations, should be units of few hit points, it is amazing how much they like horses, but all the battles they used were massive losses.
- They still allow Spain to have enclaves in its territory.
- They received tributes from pirates / Corsairs and the USA until the Barbarian Wars
-I t's a country that tribes hate Royal authority, but they prefer to have a king so they can have the right to have their land lawless."
- Jews were treated well
-The tribal troops must be stronger than the Royals
- The Sultan "protected" piracy in his country
- One of the African countries that were never colonized, (They were only Spanish and French Protectorates)
Pls, he means subversion in terms of gameplay. Egyptian have mobile buildings, Zulu needs to mature each of their military units. You need subversion in THAT way.
Two of your bonuses are not bad, are German. The other one:

I already think the diversified army bonus is already a great subversion
Combined Arms. Spanish units boost each other's stats, making their armies fearsome when large and varied.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:25 pm

AlistairJah wrote:
Circle of Ossus wrote:IF it is possible to heal attacking units
Nope.
As I thought, it is impossible.
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

maxmatt
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Guys thinking on subvert element, talking on Discord we reached in these options:
  • By Circle of Ossus: However, what if the civ automatically researches all techs one by one? Like: hunting --> vil HP --> vil attack --> library tech --> wood, library tech --> etc
  • I thought of you choose a path at the beginning: Military, Economic or Civil and then all tech continue at the same price instead of increasing And you need to search every tech before choosing the next one.
  • another would be the troops generating resources, as the Mafia think, but in the case it would only be for the Cavalry would generate food and coins for Corsairs. The Indians have cards that do this with camels and elephants, but it could be so much resources that you would not depend on villagers, only Cavalry

maxmatt
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:39 am

Collaborative spreadsheet units,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1840684920

we are still looking for ideas to Bonus and Subvertion