This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Revolution suggestions summary

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:36 pm

I will condense both past topics and add a little suggestion more.

We all love revolutions, but still there are some complains (including me) about the benefits of it. I just want to pinpoint some things and then make suggestions:

1. Revolt is cheap, can be done fairly quickly.
2. To have a quick revolt, you will consume your stacked resources very fast, and if do not win in 5min, gg.
3. If you stack many many resources, is just better to go ahead to Imperial and upgrade all units.
4. Revolting means is an all or nothing move, but is almost never seen online, (and even fewer times win).

I have 4 suggestions to make Revoltions last a bit longer without taking out its all or nothing essence:

1. When you choose a revolutionary leader, he grants an unique unit and upgrades another unit. I suggest to also make a card at homecity that ships the upgraded unit. For example a Revolutionary leader that grants Tarqui Grenadiers and upgrades Macheteros, so there could be another card at Revolutionary Homecity that sends some upgraded Macheteros. (Venezuela revolution grants and upgrades Carabineros so something should be done there, have another unique unit or another upgraded unit). So the upgraded unit should be a shipment too, next to the unique revolutionary unit.

2. The Revolution is meant to not produce resources, and just depend on shipments, so I propose to create a techonology that gets shipped from Homecity, lets call it for now the Revolutionary HeadQuarters tech. The porpourse of this tech, once shipped, is to generate shipments slowwwly. It automatically starts a spawn and grants the player 1 shipment, kind of Ottoman villager spawn, but way slower. Can the Town Center be renamed as HQ? Or if not possible is ok, but the spirit of this Revolutionary HQ suggestion is to acknowledge that there must be a base, so HQ tech recognizes that, and allows the revolution to continue. Is a nice way to keep the Revolution alive without having resources. The HeadQuarters will lead the Revolution to Victory! :p
*On the past topic I suggested the Revolutionary HQ to be a building like a Consulate, but I think is far easier to make it just a techonology. So this way, you will have to decide: do I ship troops or do I have time for Rev.HQ tech? Is a nice way to bring reinforcements.

3. I love using spies, I love to see players cry when I explode their hospitals and factories, but is a shame that very few people use them. Just for the sake of incentivation, and because there cannot be a revolution without intelligence work, I propose a card of 3 spies/colonels. Spies cost 400 gold, so is a good way to save 1200 gold. Same with colonels.

4. This last suggestion is the one about the background of the Revolution Homecity, all of them are the same St. Louis background. It is my least important suggestion, but would be nice and more fitting to have all revolution HC to be a war council, somewhat like the Balkans HC, or the Iroquois, or else, but with Western Generals around a table (discussing the revolution).

With all my suggestions taken into account, at the end, the Revolutionary Homecity may have these cards:
-Ironclad
-Gatling (Maxim guns)
-Rev. Militia
-Fort
-Unique units
-Upgraded units
-Spies/Colonels
-Rev. HQ. tech.

Time is of the essence, but can you hold enough for the next shipment?  Would you send first the RevHQ technology or some unique units? Maybe the upgraded unit? Do you need to bomb your way into the enemy base or surround your last Fort with mines? This revolutionary deck grants you no resources, but more soldiers and more ways to keep the revolution alive.

It is as always, just a humble suggestion. Thank you :)
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Re: Revolution suggestions summary

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Gato please! -_-
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:15 pm

AlistairJah wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:10 pm
Gato please! -_-
What? O.o
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am

Just a friendly reminder for this to be at the top page at the Fountain :)

Rev. H.Q. can even be a free tech for the fort or TC or whatever, so shipments spawn every Y minutes.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 am

AlistairJah wrote: Gato please! -_-
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>