This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sirnori
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: sirnori

Re: New Nation: Ireland

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm really not. Wales' is based around archaic units, revolution and rugby, whilst Ireland is based around constantly spawning Colonial Militia and settlers with a bonus vs. cav.
The Revolution Is Coming

Crushington_2nd
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 pm

You're working on an Ireland too? Surely the team must see this as a sign :)
Tiocfaidh ár lá

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 pm

Suuuuuuure thing

Crushington_2nd
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 am

Any hints on the final Anglo civ then? Ireland is a possibility but New Zealand is looking more likely to be honest
Tiocfaidh ár lá

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:09 am

Crushington_2nd wrote: Any hints on the final Anglo civ then? Ireland is a possibility but New Zealand is looking more likely to be honest
new zealand definitely not (because it is well represented by australia) could be south africa, I think the most viable, could also be the wonderful and totally great british india or liberia (which is like the united states)
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Crushington_2nd
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am

And your view on those two wonderful nations are totally impartial hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)
Tiocfaidh ár lá

daMarshal
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:00 am

If I had to make a guess it would have to be either New Zealand, South Africa, and possibly the British Raj?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

HrdsHrdrck
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:09 am

Crushington_2nd wrote: And your view on those two wonderful nations are totally impartial hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)
My English is very bad, the only wonderful and great civilization is Indian, the other is only the United States but in Africa.

Anyway, I think this is already too off topic so I can say something about Ireland.

I do not see the form of your unique units, I think you have to think a little more about making a functional unit roost, for example you have the volunteer, which is a cheap (heavy?) infantry.

of political options you have for a match to the constable that is a cheap (heavy?) infantry. and on the other side to a healer (infantry? monk?)
anyway you have a lot of light or heavy infantry and until age-V you get ranged-cavalry

now compare it with the roost of the United States.

in age II you have between a skirmisher-type unit with medium food cost and lower coin cost and a unit musketeer-type unit with medium food cost and lower coin cost.
in age III you have a all-around ranged-cavalry vs a overspecialized ranged-cavalry.
in age IV artillery good against heavy infantry vs light infantry good against heavy infantry.
age v, super ranged cavalry vs super melee cavalry.

Notes how the units complement each other.

same with the canadians,
age II: heavy infantry good against heavy infantry in melee vs grenadier good against heavy infantry (naturally)
age III: short range skirmisher vs long range skirmisher
etc.

On the other way, in the Austrialians not complement each other but each game clearly favors a game style and its a bonus-weakness.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Crushington_2nd
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:15 am

HrdsHrdrck wrote:

I do not see the form of your unique units, I think you have to think a little more about making a functional unit roost, for example you have the volunteer, which is a cheap (heavy?) infantry.

of political options you have for a match to the constable that is a cheap (heavy?) infantry. and on the other side to a healer (infantry? monk?)
anyway you have a lot of light or heavy infantry and until age-V you get ranged-cavalry

now compare it with the roost of the United States.

in age II you have between a skirmisher-type unit with medium food cost and lower coin cost and a unit musketeer-type unit with medium food cost and lower coin cost.
in age III you have a all-around ranged-cavalry vs a overspecialized ranged-cavalry.
in age IV artillery good against heavy infantry vs light infantry good against heavy infantry.
age v, super ranged cavalry vs super melee cavalry.

Notes how the units complement each other.

same with the canadians,
age II: heavy infantry good against heavy infantry in melee vs grenadier good against heavy infantry (naturally)
age III: short range skirmisher vs long range skirmisher
etc.

On the other way, in the Austrialians not complement each other but each game clearly favors a game style and its a bonus-weakness.

Thanks very much for the improvement suggestions! I still dream for this nation to work so I will continue to work on it. 

PS: Tu ingles es mejor que mi español :)
Tiocfaidh ár lá

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:39 am

Allah have mercy on me and my mod.