This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

New related bug: from basic to advanced

Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:16 am

after i play the new 1.09d (Coldfix), it seems the WOL game is somewhat better. AI in romania, italian and Egypt somewhat used, much of bugs have been fixed. Of course, WOL is a big mod, that mean some bug that is reported by some of WOL forum member hasn't fixed yet. Here's the bugs i've detected:
1: Mapuche bug: the bug that make warchief disappear for later game when this civ is used as AI isn't fixed (I hope if someone play a skirmish game, and use Mapuche civ as your ally AI civ with your current civ, this bug will detected). as well as none of the mapuche unit's voice sound is heard, except bocafuergo
Here's the image of Mapuche chief bug (INSANE BUG):
bug 1: I detect a Hero Unit in the unreachable zone here, (which i marked here), i doubt that this unit here is Mapuche chief

bug 2: I found him !!!
bug 3: in min 05:53, this unit is going to another unreachable zone again
bug 4: I lost contact with this unit from now on

2: Chinese Long Dragon: Long dragon cannon's LOS isn't increased when in Capital Age and Industrial age, although its maximum range increased. this bug hasn't fixed yet. I take the example as use Long Dragon to attack Enemy Docks (I reached to imperial age)

After done:

3: I hope someone can control AI for Incan Warchief somewhat better because this unit is always move in the bottom of the map, I Know what Inca Warchief want to do. I think AI want to control Incan Warchief to stay in Incan base, but no. like this
4: Italian Filloque HC card make bad effect for Chinese Passive Ability that convert defeated Treasure guardian to Disciple: this bug isn't fixed. Here's the detail of this bug: When you play chinese civ, The passive monk make disciple only effect when Disciple hasn't reached to limit in number. When reached to limit that, this passive ability is useless
5: Zulu insane bug: this bug is detected as balancing bugs: Matriach is a costly unit (400 food), its cost is reduced when reached a teach that is available in age 3. why do you gain AI a plan to train this unit in age 1?? , that's somewhat reason why aging up to age 2 of this civ is too slow, making this civ is very easy for enemy AI civs to attack in later time. I've played with 3 our civ, AI Zulu (Cyan, top left), AI Inca (Purple, top center, near the trade route) and My civ (Chinese - green, top right)  (you can see in the picture of the long dragon bug in no 2), 2 enemy civs: Spanish (Red - bottom left) and British (Blue, bottom right), (Sorry about these 2 enemy civs here in picture in no2 because i've done mostly with them) in min 20, An army of spanish troops attack Zulu civ while Zulu civ is still in age 1, i've forced to send some my troops to suppport, luckiky incan troops has come in to support. maybe need someone who is good at balancing has a plan to fix this ???
6: Some of Tupi tech still cost coin, for example: Iron Horse (this tech is in trading post when reached Stagecoach), gill nets (dock), long lines (dock), ... (not count for Ransom explorer because this act as command button so that it is impossible to change its cost type) (image below)

7: As you introduced 
  • Docks now have a build limit of 2. This limit can be increased by +1 after sending the "Admiralty" card.
Unfortunately, this won't effect with Asian Dock (like chinese, japanese, Indian, ...)
8: Incan Villager attack voice is missing
9: As you introduced about totem: Totems now trickle Faith without the need of spawning an invisible unit. I think it could be better if the trickle faith tactic only used when religion is chosen (except lactism)
10: American HC Screen has a "black section, which i marked in the yellow" 
11: In Portuguese, there's a card 5 Attriradores. which is available in age 5. isn't it??? i think this card should be in age 4 like the 6 attriradores HC Card (5 Attriradores HC card i marked in the yellow, 6 Attriradores HC card is under the marked card)

11: Iroquois Woodland bug: Some Iroquois spawn nothing when destroyed, like this
- Dock:

- marketImage
12: There's a tech in safehouse for Italian civs whose icon is missing
13: Explorer death, knockout, ransomed and revived sound is missing
14: German Krupp Factory Grenadier icon bug in viewtopic.php?f=9&t=454 , post #7. I can't tell this again, I just tell that this building should work like this:
- Defaut:
- Choose other unit, for example: Falconet
- Choose back to grenadier
15: AI Tupi Gatherers is too many, more than Hunters, make economy strategy become somewhat broken, like these:

16: some of the egypt units (not caravan), use caravan grunt sound as unit grunt sounds, for example: fellah, ...
17: I rememer before this coldfix patch released, When in naval map, AI can train canoe and war canoe for native civs, ex: Sioux, Inca, Tupi, ... But now AI can't train them anymore, AI only train Tlaloc canoe, which is available in Aztec (Nahua), and Inca
18: When I play a skirmisher of 5 players, my PC sometimes lags.... (for example: my civ used to play: Zulu, 2 my ally AI civs: Inca and Egypt. 2 enemy AI civs: Serbian and Greeks)
here's the image the age3y.exe consume too much cpu and memory when i play this (in example): 
When I Play skirmish mode with 1 vs 1 only, no lags detected
(PS: Lags: unit movement isn't smooth normally, Perform click - action isn't smooth as well. Like i play this game in low configuration computer, although my pc isn't quite a low configuration computer: "CPU core-i5, 2.60ghz, 4gb RAM, 500 GB Hard disk.  I hope i can take a video of this, but I can't)
19: Trebuchet sometime lost texture when on unpacking or packing mode:
20: Matlese Ram: There's a problem:
Default: Siege Attack is 0
After i get a unit inside the Ram, for example: longswordsman . Siege attack raised to 75
The more unit get in the Ram, the more siege attack it is. maximum??? 20 unit can get in, mean 1125 dmg deal for this???? Example: get all Longswordsmen in

But in fact, siege damge is still 75 
(Note that i've not upgrade Maltese Ram to new level)
20: (intended): AI Architect doesn't pray in Basilica, as well as AI doesn't control town wagon to build dock in some naval maps
21: Another Mapuche bugs: just still mapuche bugs, but this time is the Shaman and Wise Woman HC card: I remember in native civ
- Shaman provide HC Card that gain effect on building improvement
- Wise Woman provide HC Card that gain effect on economy improvement
I detected that ALL Mapuche Shaman and Wise Woman HC Card are misplaced. for example:
Shaman: Fish Market, Saw Mills, ...
Wise Woman: Native Lore, Advanced Trading Post, Improved Buildings, ...
Here's some picture about that problem, including some bug on other: Chief, War leader and messenger
I: The Chief HC Card (OK but there's a HC Card lost icon, which i marked in the yellow, may be this card increase hero's hitpoints and attack)
II: War Leader: OK
III: Shaman: (All HC Card misplaced, these HC card here should be in Wise Woman, 1 HC card whose icon is missing)

IV: Wise Woman (All HC Card misplaced, these HC card here should be in Shaman, 3 HC Card whose icon are missing)

V: The Messenger: OK

22: Bungaria Tsar Ferdinand personality icon is missing in game
23: I don't know if the map: "Araucania" is still in WOL and someone has played this map, but i find this in map's description:
"Araucania runs the length of South America's west coast and has plentiful hunting, fishing and whaling. The Mapuche and Inca inhabit this variable landscape of mineral-rich northern deserts, bountiful central grasslands, and treasure-laden southern wastes."
i don't know if it's a bug or not, thing i talk is the bold word. if there's still a Mapuche and Inca minor native village, is anyone have a new minor native village for these 2 here?
24: Ther's a HC Card in Greeks Cathedral, a TEAM card named "Ecciesia" whose effect is 100% incorrect, also the boost card of this has incorrect as well (the card i mark in the yellow one)
25: Post office texture bug: this bug i reported many times ago, as well as Roach reported this too. But this bug isn't fixed. here's the example for Enemy Chilean Post office when under attacked by My Ally Incan Army
26: Look at this (the marked one):
this should be used as ability that create a map rather than this)
27: (INSANE BUG): Anglos civs and Latin American CIvs when used a HC Card or tech that send 1 or more covered wagon that can transform to TC and Presidio (Mexican), Nothing spawn
28: as introduced in 1.09d patch:
  • The Mexican Politician "The Criollo" now delivers 13 Insurgentes instead of 12 Escopeteros, a unit not available to that civilization.
I saw it, and the Mexican has correct, unfortunately, this will !00% wrong for Chilean. (here's the image i uploaded here)
I have a suggest of this problem: As i checked. there's 3 civs that has politician: the Criollo: Chilean,  Mexican and Colombian, here's what i want:
Mexican Criollo: 13 Insurgentes
Chilean and Colombian Criollo: 12 Escopeteros
29: When used HC Card named: "Exploroda" in Paraguayan. Paraguay explorer can't heal injured unit. As well as a text named: i don't know, maybe this"Experienced marateokas". you can see it when this HC Card reached on the left of the screen. this bug "Heroic marateokas" can also detected when reached this HC Card: Expert Engineering
30: isn't correct or not that has skirmisher in other Latin America (except Paraguayans)  in the HC Card "Triple Alliance Forces" (this card can be found in Argentina and Brazil)
31: Inca nmortar doesn't have a effect of HP Boost after reached this big button tech in Tambo:
32: In Brazil, there's 2 HC Card named "24 Pikemen"

33: Greeks HC Cards: 7 and 8 Chorofylakes in age IV, this is a mistake, these cards should be in Age III 
34: Maltese HC Card 20 Ranseurs appears with a "10" overlayed.
There's more bug than that but know i've to break here, wait for my next bug reporting (This post will updated, so keep on this #1 post here for more bug reporting)
Last edited by Rampo on Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:59 am, edited 28 times in total.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Re: New related bug: from basic to advanced

Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Thank you Rampo for your reports. These bugs you reported are easy enough to fix, so don't worry about it because these bugs will be fixed in the next release. There are far bigger bugs of the AI, like lags, Italians which are too slow in their build order, Balkans being unable to gather from crops, and these bugs are harder to fix. Please keep reporting anything you think is bug.
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:14 pm

AlistairJah wrote: Thank you Rampo for your reports. These bugs you reported are easy enough to fix, so don't worry about it because these bugs will be fixed in the next release. There are far bigger bugs of the AI, like lags, Italians which are too slow in their build order, Balkans being unable to gather from crops, and these bugs are harder to fix. Please keep reporting anything you think is bug.
Just keep looking the #1 Post. I'll update my next reporting bug . AlistairJah
if you see this: "Last edited by Rampo on <date, time>, edited n time (times) in total." that mean i've updated new bugs issue
Last edited by Rampo on Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BG Rampo

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Updated: 
bug for Incan Warchief has a image in. 
New bugs: AI train canoe and war canoe. Egypt unit grunt sound somewhat wrong
New balancing issue: number of Tupi gatherer and Hunter
(PS: I wish this forum can notify all forum member about the current post i edited)

BG Rampo

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:24 pm

@Rampo
That "bug" is fixed too. What about other AIs, like Greek for example? (Balkan AIs tend to cause terrible lags, I don't know if all people can get this problem).

Intentional derailing
Rampo wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm
I wish this forum can notify all forum member about the current post i edited
@Dayoftheninja, that was what I suggested some time ago. Plus highlights when the main post or one of its replies is edited. Dunno if that's a good or bad idea.

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 am

Updated part 2
Matese trebuchet and ram bug
PC lags

BG Rampo

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:41 pm

Rampo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 am
PC lags
Could you please give more detailed reports when you update your posts?

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:51 pm

AlistairJah wrote:
Rampo wrote: PC lags
Could you please give more detailed reports when you update your posts?
Please Look Report no 18 in post #1 here, i've edited this, plus a image of this. AlistairJah 
Ah, I forgot, the Tupi gatherers are too many than Hunters in report no 15 is about AI Tupi
Hey, have you check about the other bug that isn't like AI bug, like bug no 2, no 10, ...

BG Rampo

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Hah ! Thanks! That was really helpful!
Civs that currently cause noticeable lags: Romanians and Serbians
Civs that currently cause lags (randomly): Greek, Egyptians and one of the Anglos (I don't remember which of them)

Rampo
Topic Author
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:26 pm

AlistairJah wrote: Hah ! Thanks! That was really helpful!
Civs that currently cause noticeable lags: Romanians and Serbians
Civs that currently cause lags (randomly): Greek, Egyptians and one of the Anglos (I don't remember which of them)
isn't Australians has caused the lags? ANGLOS civs has 3 of them from now: USA, Canadian and australian

BG Rampo