This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

List of Reported Bugs and Issues

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm

This is exactly what it sounds like- a list of bugs and issues which have already been reported, as well as some which have often been reported but are NOT bugs. Stuff in [brackets] denotes the believed cause of the bug, while stuff in {these things} denotes how to fix that bug, assuming that it can be done by non-coders or AI-scripters. If a bug is crossed out, then it has been fixed in the latest version/patch

Known Bugs/Issues
#2) AI doesn't work for the Egyptian, Italian, and Romanian civilizations [AI currently cannot train units from another unit, even in vanilla. That's why you never see Indian Monks training tigers] AlistairJah has the Romanian AI working, and the Italian AI somewhat working
#4) Mexican Presidio sometimes doesn't spawn (noticed on: California, Black Forest)
#5) LAN throws desync if the map you use is not in the "custom" map selection list (For example, if I play a LAN game on the Great Plains, then the game gives a desync error within 5 seconds. If I put the map files in the Custom Map folder, name them something different, then start a LAN game by loading it from the custom map list, then the game works fine)
#7) Last Shamanism tech doesn't reveal the LOS of enemy TCs
#8) Certain maps sometimes have native trade posts where you can't build anything (Still exists)
#10) Old home cities from before the last update have "ghost cards" which can't be removed {Just create a new deck. You don't need to make a new home city, and usually the update gave you new cards!)
#14) Default Chief/Explorer names for most civilizations when creating a home city are Greek 
#18) Starting a game in any age past the first is ill-advised Will eventually be fixed
#21) You can't set a gather point for Daimyo, Caravans, and other movable training units.
#25) The Brazilian Voluntario Guard and Imperial upgrades are free and research instantly (might be intended)
#26) Post office tool tip says it uses export, when it really uses shipments
#27) The Laicism "Genetics" tech doesn't apply to Lots or Balkan crops
#30) First few Bulgarian stable upgrades don't work 
#31) African civs don't have displays for how fattened livestock are [In older versions, you needed to modify one of the base campaign-only Asian civilizations in order for a new civilization to be able to display export. These civilizations also had the food displays for herdables and huntables hidden. Now, with the un-hardcode patch, you don't need to screw with campaign civilizations anymore]
#32) Several new units don't have hotkeys. (May have been fixed in most recent patch)
#33) Some people are reporting some European units sink under ground in gameplay. [This is because TWC is not installed on your computer]
#34) Some unit and building skins will change to less detailed versions in late game or after playing a while, which sometimes look like pastiches of vanilla units {Just restart the game and it'll go away} [This is because of modding complexities of AOE3- you can't add new models, only modify and reskin new ones. This is because the AOE3 engine uses a 3000 dollar modeling program called Granny for it's models, and most modders don't have 3000 bucks laying around]
#36) Natives which give access to canoes make the Infante de Marina upgrades disappear
#41) The Artillery Depot disappears in the industrial age for the Mapuche and the Tupi. The stable also loses it's texture.
#43) Balkan Crops delete themselves all the time if you put them too close to one another. 
#45) The Anglo general unit doesn't work. Spend your 200f 200c on something else until they fix it. 
#46) The special warchief ability given by the Tupi "Thunder Scream" card doesn't work
#48) Chinese monk has llama icon.
#49) Anglo and Latino civs don't get covered wagons from anywhere.
#50) Colombian Corvettes can't train carabineers.
#51) Card Problems:
     -The 7/8 Chorofylakes cards are Fourth age, when they probably should be Third Age
     -20 ranseurs appears with a "10" overlaid
Lots more probably exist. Report them!

Intended features (NOT BUGS):
#1) The Bulgarians have cards which don't cost shipments. What are you complaining about?
#2) Black Forest is supposed to work like AoE2, with no explorers or treasures. All other maps without either are bugged though.
#3) The shipment resource with the ship icon means shipments, like the ones you send from the home city.
#4) Geishas are available from an early age, but get no spy upgrades.
#5) Maltese get that skirmisher European arsenal technology, even though they have no skirms. It also affects mercenaries and Natives, which the Maltese obviously get.
#6) Romanians don't get Schneider guns. It's not a bug, its a feature.
#7) Stop asking about the Great War. It will exist in the future. Possibly only in an alternate timeline where human civilization goes extinct, and its culture rediscovered and revived by alien fish people, but it will exist.
#8) Yes, the Hapsburg Greek Princess is supposed to allow your farms and plantations to hold 20 villagers, and it does.
#9) The Maltese "Carnival Riots" card doesn't do anything yet, so don't select it. Removed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix

These are bugs which have been fixed since they were reported. What patch they were fixed in is recorded so you know what patch you need to update to to fix them, and in case the bugs resurface.

#1) Boxer rebels all wield the same weaponFixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#3) New Zealand map crashes [said to have something to do with a treasure] Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#6) Maltese factories can't upgrade heavy cannon Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#9) Certain civs have no starting cards (African civs) Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#11) Spy upgrades don't apply to geishas (intended)
#12) American Home City looks kinda funky Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#13) Most Balkan cities feature sudden lag spikes when viewing advisers to select cards [Those dudes in the home city have super high-poly models] Fixed in Coldfix
#15) Tupi War Canoe costs wood AND gold Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#16) Ultimate Irish UT doesn't work Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#17) Anglo Congress doesn't work Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#19) Many maps are bugged:
        -There are two Sahara maps. One has no treasures or explorers and is bugged, the other works (and is very fun to play on). Same thing with the Sahel
        -Sierra del Oro doesn't generate anything except a wide, monotone plain with a bunch of gold mines.
        -Many more
        -Buggy maps disabled in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#20) When choosing to start as nomads, the Egyptians get a town center wagon which can't do anything. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#22) The Maltese siege workshop lets you research mortar upgrades even though they can't train mortars. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#23) Priests disappear when tasked on temples Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#24) The "TEAM Martenitsa" card can't be sent by the Bulgarians Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#28) Bushrangers don't have the Heavy Infantry tag (might be intended/a cool idea nonetheless) Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#29) Lancer trample attack is greater than it's regular attack (it's not supposed to be) Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#35) Asian Monk upgrade techs disappear from the TC when the "Enlist Irregulars" shipment is sent. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#37) Some civilizations have cards which don't match with the units they can train. This may be intended:
       -The Romanians ship schneider guns, instead of corpsepults
       -The Romanians and Bulgarians can ship Pyrpolikon ships instead of the Chayka Light ships. Serbians don't have either.
       -Italians ship galleys instead of caravels, even thought they train caravels instead. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#38) "Mongolian Scourge" card in Chinese home city is apparently bugged (will double check) Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#39) The Sebastapol cannon has 30 line of sight even though it has a range of 45 (may be intended) Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#40) When you research the Irish "Saint Patricks Day" research, only Fenians boost attack and hitpoints, not Patricios Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#42) Post Office texture goes all black when under attack. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#44) The Canadian card "Sasquatch Sighting" sends GAIA bears instead of player-owned bears Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
#47) Berry Bush gathering is about 50% more effective than it should be. Fixed in 1.0.9d/Coldfix
Last edited by Dr Roach on Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 32 times in total.

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Re: List of Reported Bugs and Issues

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 pm

Spoiler Box
It does.
Thanks for doing this! Is this everything from the Bug Report thread?
Image Image Image Image Image

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:17 am

No- I'm fairly certain that some stuff reported has worked on my game, or I thought had been fixed in the last patch, so I was going to test them myself.

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:01 am

I wanted to reply to this topic earlier, but better now than never!

#1) Boxer rebels all wield the same weapons
Bug fixed for the next patch; Boxers will now attack using various weapons.

#2) AI doesn't work for the Egyptian, Italian, and Romanian civilizations (AI currently cannot train units from another unit, even in vanilla. That's why you never see Indian Monks training tigers)
This bug is not fixed for the next patch, and may take some time to fix it. However, I hope AlistairJah can make this possible as he recently made the Egyptians able to train units from the Town Center Caravan.

#3) New Zealand map crashes [said to have something to do with a treasure]
Bug fixed for the next patch; said treasure has been disabled for the next patch.

#4) Mexican Presidio sometimes doesn't spawn (noticed on: California, Black Forest)
This bug is not fixed for the next patch, and may take some time to fix it.

#5) LAN throws desync if the map you use is not in the "custom" map selection list (For example, if I play a LAN game on the Great Plains, then the game gives a desync error within 5 seconds. If I put the map files in the Custom Map folder, name them something different, then start a LAN game by loading it from the custom map list, then the game works fine)
I'm not sure about what could be making this bug happen (therefore it may take some time to fix it), but the workaround is interesting.

#6) Maltese factories can't upgrade heavy cannon (might be intended).
Bug fixed for the next patch; the Maltese can now upgrade their Heavy Cannons to Imperial status and now also have upgrades for their Battering Rams.

#7) Last Shamanism tech doesn't reveal the LOS of enemy TCs
This tech may be disabled for the next patch, unless we decide to give it another effect.

#8) Certain maps sometimes have native trade posts where you can't build anything (I haven't seen it since the last update though)
There's the Quilombola settlement in the Sertão map. For some reason, you can't build Trading Posts on their sockets.

#9) Certain civs have no starting cards (African civs)
Could any of you guys list the civs that do not have up to 15 cards on their starting decks?

#10) Old home cities from before the last update have "ghost cards" which can't be removed {Just create a new deck. You don't need to make a new home city, and usually the update gave you new cards!)
What Dr Roach said; no need to delete your HC level 83 every patch!

#11) Spy upgrades don't apply to geishas
That's intended, actually. Geishas are supposed to be effective only early in the game (that's why they're available at Age I).

#12) American Home City looks kinda funky
Made some changes and now the Home City people will wander around and units being delivered by cards will no longer sink into the ground when near the obelisk.
There's still some things to fix (like camera angles), but that's an start.

#13) Most Balkan cities feature sudden lag spikes when viewing advisers to select cards
This is due to some high-poly models used by some of these HC guys. I'll ask Forsant to try making new models similar to the current ones that uses less polygons.

#14) Default Chief/Explorer names for most civilizations when creating a home city are Greek
This bug is fixed, but now some civs will get AoM hero names for their Explorers (this is going to happen until we get a list of random names for everyone).

#15) Tupi War Canoe costs wood AND gold
Bug fixed for the next patch; now the Tupi War Canoe will cost even more Wood!

#16) Ultimate Irish UT doesn't work
Bug fixed for the next patch; the units will be properly spawned by the Irish Immigrant Colony now.

#17) Anglo Congress doesn't work
The Congress/Parliament will be disabled in the next patch. We'll re-enable it once we make it work as intended.

#18) Starting a game in any age past the first is ill-advised
I should task one of our coders to take a look at this. It will take some time to complete this task due to the number of civs and techs we have.

#19) Many maps are bugged:
-There are two Sahara maps. One has no treasures or explorers and is bugged, the other works (and is very fun to play on). Same thing with the Sahel
-Sierra del Oro doesn't generate anything except a wide, monotone plain with a bunch of gold mines.
-Many more
  • The Sahara and Sahel maps that "lacks fun" will be disabled for the next patch.
  • Sierra del Oro will be also disabled for the next patch.
  • Other maps that have been also disabled: Iberian Peninsula, Madagascar (pre 1.0.9), River Nile.

#20) When choosing to start as nomads, the Egyptians get a town center wagon which can't do anything.
Bug fixed for the next patch; Egyptian Covered Wagons now have a ability to transform into Town Center Caravans.
By the way, can the Egyptians get a Covered Wagon through other ways, like team cards (the Canadian "TEAM Great Upheaval" card will deliver a TC Caravan in the next patch)?

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Thanks! I've updated the post. Also, why not just give the Anglo civs immigrants? It makes a lot of sense, since in this time period population growth was mostly due to immigration, which has had a significant impact on their culture- even more than the Latin American nations, I would say. If the Latino civs hadn't come first, I would have given the immigration thing to the Anglos instead.

Also, a bit off topic, but do the Immigrant nations unlock as you're home city progresses?

Pierre Jean
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Turks

Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:56 pm

Dr Roach wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:17 pm

AI doesn't work for the Egyptian, Italian, and Romanian civilizations (AI currently cannot train units from another unit, even in vanilla. That's why you never see Indian Monks training tigers)
It is well known among all the scripters - even the full noobs like me - that aiTaskUnitTrain() can be used to train a unit from a unit. It's equivalent to the trUnitDoWorkOnUnit() - sorry, I don't remember the exact name of the function, but you understand what I mean - in triggers.
Here is not the right place to say that, I know, but I felt like now is the time for people to know about it. If we have a guy who is smart enough to use this function without ruining the whole AI script - and who is has enough perseverance to finish his job, if you know what I mean - then these AIs can definitely be fixed.
You are not responsible for the head you have but you are responsible for the mouth you make.

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Takatmo Yereoc wrote:
#9) Certain civs have no starting cards (African civs)
Could any of you guys list the civs that do not have up to 15 cards on their starting decks?

I can work on it as soon as I get the chance.

Takatmo Yereoc wrote:
#18) Starting a game in any age past the first is ill-advised
I should task one of our coders to take a look at this. It will take some time to complete this task due to the number of civs and techs we have.

Post-Imperial shouldn't actually be that hard. Post-Industrial might be more tedious. I can also work on this, at some point.

Edit: Never mind, they'll both be rather tedious (but not extensively).
Image Image Image Image Image

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:41 pm

*bump* 

Updated with Zackreaver's bugs. 

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 am

Romanians now work. And I think that's all for the AI of the next patch for now. Italians may work, but Expert Italian is kind of Easy British. Egyptians will take a lot more time before being available.
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm

While you're at it Alistair, could you make the AI train units for other civilizations, like the Japanese daimyos or various galleon-type ships train troops, or even war dogs and other pets from the explorer/chieftains?