This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Help with The Wachiefs

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:02 pm

I have original AoE3, had it in my old computer. Tried to install in the new one but it didn't work (don't know why, is a Win10 x64). So in order to play, I copied the Age of Empires III folder and My Games folder into an USB and pasted it here. I can play normally on GR but now I cannot access to my ESO account neither can play with The Warchiefs enabled.

I don't care about ESO account, but I really need a way to play with TWC civilizations, please help! :) 

I think is too much to ask, but maybe in the future, the TWC civilizations can be put as a patch, disabling the original ones? 

Anyway, please help me to play with WoL with TWC enabled. Thanks
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Re: Help with The Wachiefs

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:54 pm

The Warchiefs civs are already in the game- the problem is that your game thinks you don't have the Warchiefs installed, because when you install the game it changes some mysterious file somewhere to mark that you have it installed legitimately. I have a similar problem, and a cheap trick to fix it- just install the Warchiefs in a random directory, but NOT your working directory.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:24 pm

So how can I fix that? I do have TWC installed, it has even the .exe and I can enter TWC rooms in Game Ranger. What shall I do? :( 
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Have you ever actually run the Warchiefs disc itself on your computer? If not,  run the Warchiefs disc even though you might already have it on the files you copied over from your old computer. Just install it to any directory (NOT in your current game files though), and that *should* fix it. Not sure though- I've never tried this with a Windows 10.