This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

sgtroadkill
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Possible installer registry issue/other

Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey guys

Just discovered your mod today and from what i can see so far it is rahter excellent.

I am however having trouble with getting it to run stably. I can run aoe III fine and with other mods fine, however when i run this mod i get 10-20 mins of gameplay OK, then windows installer begins to run and alt tabs.

This error is only repeatable  with Wars of liberty. Has anyone got any ideas? 

i should have said it is with cd install rather than steam

sgtroadkill
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Re: Possible installer registry issue/other

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:37 pm

So after some fiddling the problem looks to be linked with an ancient install of something i never use. sooo no problem your end... :( just won't be able to fix it my end without a windows reinstall. It does seem to be linekd together with windows installer not sure how as it is only an issue happening with wars of liberty