This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Condor
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer

Maps missing

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:18 am

Hello! i installed the game and everything was ok but i found out that some mpas where missing, for example glacier, the moon and anatolia, i installed the game twice and it is up to date, does anyone have to same bug? did you get to fix it?
"El último cartucho"

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Re: Maps missing

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:42 am

These maps were disabled in the latest patch (1.0.9c) either because they're broken (Ecruteak, The Moon) or do not place all the players properly (Anatolia, Bahia, River Nile).
Also, as far as I know, we don't have a "Glacier" random map.

Septafolia
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:05 am

The Moon, Galapagos, Marajo, Iberian Peninsula, Oasis (some of the time), River Nile, and Horn of Africa all have various major bugs making them unplayable, as far as I can tell. Also Anatolia, Atlantic, Bahia, Sea of Worms, Urban, and Malta are not selectable in skirmish, but can be successfully loaded (at least) in the editor.

There is a Glacier map, and I haven't noticed any problems with it (except maybe having the wrong natives IIRC?).
Image Image

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Also Anatolia, Atlantic, Bahia, Sea of Worms, Urban, and Malta are not selectable in skirmish, but can be successfully loaded (at least) in the editor.

• Anatolia, Atlantic and Bahia have a problem of not placing all players properly in Skirmish mode sometimes. We may have to recode them from zero to fix this problem.
  • Sea of Worms lacks fishes on the water, and we're yet to give it a proper WoL theme to it.
  • Urban is the WotTA version of the Asuncion random map, so we have no use for it right now.
  • Malta has a game-crashing bug whose source was not identified yet. It will become available once we fix it.

There is a Glacier map, and I haven't noticed any problems with it (except maybe having the wrong natives IIRC?).
Well, looks like I should stop testing the mod only on Archipelago and the large version of Great Plains!
About the map, Glacier is going to feature European natives in the future. For now, the natives present there are just a placeholder.