This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Fixing bugs by myself (Permission granted, ready to upload)

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:02 am

Thanks to WOL team member, now i'm able to upload my fixing bugs of AOE 3 Wars Of Liberty that is reported by some of gamers. Here is the download link for the archived file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3SG2 ... 0NpVUY0X1U

This archived file contain: Some of issue bugs that i've detected and fixed

To use this fix, copy all the folder inside the folder "WOL", which is in the .rar file to folder that installed this game. Remember just copy and replace files. for example: 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III (32 Bit)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III (64 Bit)

also delete all files inside AI3 in this destination folder: C:\Users\<Your User name>\Documents\My Games\Wars of Liberty\AI3 , to make changed AI personality chatsets effect

Here's some bugs that i've detected and fixed from this archived file:
  1. Balkan crops (reported by Milord Kamyk ): now the button "Harvest" is now used
  2. Alkar Lancer (reported by vuquangthai ): now this unit has a lance for now
  3. Immigrant Irish ultimate tech "Erin Go Bragh" and tech "St. Patricks Day" (reported by PforPotato ) are now fixed
  4. Sebastopol (Ethiopian Heavy cannon)'s LOS (reported by PforPotato ): now its LOS is changed from 30 to 50 because its maximum range is 45
  5. Another bugs which are detected and fixed by me:
  • In Tupi, there's a big button tech in Longhouse which spawns berrybush for each Longhouse you have, before my fixing this, this tech is useless, spawn nothing. Now it fixed
  • Inca Chasqui now can attack enemies's building and no longer use population cost (This unit is the only Inca unit that can build TC and trading post, act as mortal explorer. you may hurt the game for Inca if you set the population cost of this unit)
  • Serbians, Bulgarians replace Pyrpolikon HC card by Chayka HC Card, which is created by me. Also add Chayka HC Card into Romanians as well
  • In Romanians, Replace Schneider Gun HC card by Corpsepult HC card, which is created by me
  • In Romanian, There's a tech name "Nicolae Balcescu" that reach to age 3 and send 2 plague catapults and a tech name "King Carol I" that reach to age 5 and send 8 Plague catapults. all of these tech are in Artillery depot. Before my fixing this, you'll receive nothing after using this tech, just only aging up. I found that the Plague Catapult, in fact, is Corpsepult. now these tech are now fixed
  • Barracks can train Spanish Infante de Maria, also its upgrade tech is now moved in this building so that gamers have no problem when upgrade this unit
  • Some units sound are added and/or fixed
  • Mapuche unit's sound is now added
  • Chinese Long Dragon now fixed LOS not increased along Maximum range after age up to Capital and Industrial Age
  • Chinese HC Card "Mongolian Scourge" now fixed damage bonus for Banner Cavalry
  • Habsburgs HC Cards "Princes Guard" fixed its description
  • Sasquatch Sighting HC Card in Canadians fixed
  • Some Unit whose label missing after upgrading tech now fixed
  • Tupi HC card "Thunder Scream" now fixed the Fire command albility
  • ANGLOS General's albility fixed
  • Italian HC Card "Filioque" no longer convert treasure guardian to merchant, it's replaced by Adding Damage Area effect when condemn (because you may hurt Chinese Monk's passive albility that convert defeated treasure guardian and enemies to disciple)
  • Iroquois Warhut and Coral spawn berry bushes after destroyed instead of some African Bowmen
  • Tupi Pombero siege atttack's range is now fixed, same as Ranged attack's range (28), fixed Ybia-jara (hand infantry with a tomahawk per hand)
  • In mapuche, AI no longer use warchief as explorer (because he has shipment techs). Instead, I get A Unique Unit that can use as explorer
  • Some of the AI personality's chatsets of some colony are changed
  • Reworked an italian mafioso tech in safehouse which is fixed by me, called "Expert mafioso" and "Ruthlessness Mafioso"
Also i add some bonus here. Check it out:
  1. Royal decree units can auto upgrade to Imperial Level for some colony, for example: Roger Ranger (British Skirmisher), Baskir (Russian Hussar), ...
  2. German Royal Decree tech "Zweihander" replaced by my tech "Westphalia Warfare" that send an army of Prussia Needler Gunner and boost infantry and cavalry armor
  3. Add Spanish Royal Decree tech "Basque March", created by me that send an army of Aduanero and Chapelgorris and boost infantry and cavalry speed
  4. Maltese Royal Decree tech "High Crusade" added with a new effect made by me, but you may need some resources to use this tech, instead of free
  5. Mapuche Mawidanche now gain auto upgrade to Experienced, Heroic and Chosen status
  6. ANGLOS Outpost is now used texture from building "Shelter, bunker building", upgrade tech is now fixed as well
  7. ANGLOS Imperial unit now gain a tech to upgrade to maximum level, like this
  • Canadians: Blackwatch and Voltigeurs de Quebec has a tech to Royal Status
  • Australians: Waller Horse and Native Police has a teach to Expeditionary status
Next time, i'll fix:
  1. Italian Galley HC Card changed by Caravel HC Card
  2. German Krupp Factory: Grenadier icon (maybe need WOL team to fix this)
  3. Habsburgs tech "Dame of Athens"
  4. Latin American building "Post Office" lost texture (black) when under attacked and destroyed (maybe need WOL team to fix this)
  5. Italian Mafioso lost animation of death and attack building when grant him to use shotgun and tommygun (maybe need WOL team to fix this)
  6. Maltese Trebuchet and Battle Ram (maybe need WOL team to fix this)
  7. Some AI bugs (maybe need WOL team to fix this or permission to do this)
If there's problem, just contract to me. Thank you for using this.

BG RAMPO
Last edited by Rampo on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Fixing bugs by myself (Permission granted, ready to upload)

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:10 am

This is certainly not what I meant. While everyone can download this if they want, I have to warn you all before: This is not WoL team official and this will keep you from playing online. Also, we will patch soon and if you have these files in your game, you will have to patch all over again.*

PS. What I meant, by the way, was that you could tell us what you fixed and send it to us to add it to our patch but all of what you did is already fixed by us in our patch.

Rampo
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:25 am

Jutlander wrote: This is certainly not what I meant. While everyone can download this if they want, I have to warn you all before: This is not WoL team official and this will keep you from playing online. Also, we will patch soon and if you have these files in your game, you will have to patch all over again.*

PS. What I meant, by the way, was that you could tell us what you fixed and send it to us to add it to our patch but all of what you did is already fixed by us in our patch.
I know, but some of these bugs are very tough to fixed, for example: fix Inca Chasqui can't attack building, Mapuche Shaman can't attach building and perform hand attack (some bugs i detected but WOL team not) ... . I just fixed this bugs to make this game better with a correct effect. You may dismiss the download link i've attach, but you may need these bugs report as an hint to fix. WOL team not only fix bugs but also create new colony, example: Belgians, Danish, Korean, .... Please, i just make this bug fix in order to make this game better!!!
I have some suggestion: if WOL Team member has a member who check someone attach bugs fix archived file, use it, and check again to see if things are fixed which is posted in this fourm are match in reality (play this game via Offline or Online...)

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:28 am

Also most of your patch is not bug fixing, but pretty weird ideas...

Rampo
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:32 am

Jutlander wrote: Also most of your patch is not bug fixing, but pretty weird ideas...
Really??? i think you may compare these my fixing to your current to check. You forgot, not all of bugs i've fixed, maybe later or may need help

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 am

I meant that most of your patch is not bugs, but actually new stuff that you added.

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:38 am

Dude, don't make changes that we didn't request.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

Rampo
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:44 am

Fenriz wrote: Dude, don't make nothing that we never request.
Oh man, this is a  bad idea.... all of my fixing bugs project..... useless. noboby trust this. Maybe i have to fix bugs by myself and not update my bugs fixed anymore..... 

BG Rampo

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:46 am

The main issue we had here is the bonus stuff you added, you made many uncalled for changes that are anathema to what we are working with, and will give false expectations to people who don't know better, that's the reason for the outburst.

If you had passed your bugfixes privately to us it may have been received better.

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:48 am

Rampo wrote:
Fenriz wrote: Dude, don't make nothing that we never request.
Oh man, this is a  bad idea.... all of my fixing bugs project..... useless. noboby trust this. Maybe i have to fix bugs by myself and not update my bugs fixed anymore..... 
The bad idea is upload wrong stuff. If you don't know if something is a bug or should be in game, first ASK US. Of course, you're doing a good job with the bugs, but don't touch all that you think is a bug, if you aren't sure, again ASK US.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image