This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

housie123
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

1.09 bugs

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:19 pm

Here is a bug i found:

Black forest does not give you an explorer and has some grey areas!

jonatascampelo
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: 1.09 bugs

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:02 am

When the CPU plays with the Italians. Architect of the Italian civilization can't build.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:41 am

Romania, Italy & Egypt have no AIs, yes.

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Sorry for the mess. My name is Rampo (It's my nick name), my real name is Nguyen Bao Giang. I come from VietNam. I've played this game with new patch version. It's very good game. but during playing this game, i detect some bug that need to fix. I hope the creator of this game can fix this:
1: Spanish Infante de Maria
The Infante de Maria is trained in Dock, but i can't find the upgrade icon of this unit when i've built native trading post like this:

Before building native trade post:
After building native trading post (for example: cherokee trading post in map Carolina): 
the upgrade icon for Infante De Maria is lost
I suggest barracks can train Infante De Maria and its upgrade icon so that i and other players can upgrade him without problem like this:

2: Balkan Colony:
Romanian doesn't have heavy cannon: Schneider Gun, it replaced by Corpsepult, but i detected Schneider Gun's HC shipment like this:

I suggest you replace this Schneider Gun HC card by Corpsepult HC card

Next, Romanian, Bulgarian doesn't have Pyrpolikon flame ship. It's , as always, chayka light ship. but i detected Pyrpolikon's HC shipment like this:
In Bulgarian

In Romanian
Especially Serbian, No HC shipment of chayka light ship found:Image
I suggest, in Romanian and Bulgarian, you replace this Pyrpolikons flame ship HC card by Chayka light ship HC card. In Serbian, i suggest you add Chayka HC card.

3: Australians:
The HC Card that i marked like this has many mistake of description and HC display unitc ount:
for example: Sends 6 Bushrangers or 8 Headhunters, Sends 14 Bushrangers or 16 Headhunters,  Sends 10 Rum Corpsmen or 12 Tupara Musketeers....

4: Chinese: 
There's a HC Card name: "Mongolian Scourge", that upgrade damange bonus for Nien riders, manchus and Banner Cavalrymen. As result, Nien Riders and Manchus are correct, but Banner cavalrymen need to change something:
Banner cavalry is a ranged cavalry, that means there's no "Trample Hand Attack" and "Defend Hand Attack" here. fortunately, i've fixed this HC Card like this, i hope you can do that:
5: Habsburgs:
HC Card "Princess Guard" has its description incorrectly:
Ship 6 of the following units, ..... but i detect that each special units has different number to receive

6: Sasquatch Sighting HC Card in Canadians:
After using this Card, before my fixing this, You'll receive 6 Black Bears like Treasure Guardians. My suggest of fixing this card is changed "Treasure Guardian" like black bears to Pet Black Bear like this:
7: Missing Texture: Artillery Depot in Mapuche and Tupi  colony when in Industrial Age and/or imperial age is missing. Post Office in Latin American Colony when under attacked by enemy is mostly black, maybe mixing textures. 
8 AI: Italians, Egypt and Romanian work not properly (I'll tell this later)
9: Others:
In Chinese, Kansu Brave when in capital age to imperial age is missing label. Also Long dragon cannon's LOS isn't increased when in Capital Age and Industrial age, although its maximum range increased
In Inca: Manco Horseman when in capital age to imperial age is missing label, also most unit manage sound carelessly that some of them haven't been heard
In Mapuche: None of Mapuche's Unit sound heard, except Bocafuego
In Zulu: Some unit sound, for example: villager and bowman, when select: heard african sound, when order to move or attack: heard iroquois sound
In Italian: Mafioso death and building attack's animation are missing when reached tech which grant them to use shotgun and tommy gun, i also detect a tech without picture in safehouse, maybe it's a tech which is upgrade mafioso hp and damage, unfortunately, description of this tech is deadly incorrect. oh, i forgot, Italian doesn't train Galley - ottoman caravel like, Italian train , as always, caravel. but i detect Galley HC Card like this:
i suggest you replace Galley HC Card by Caravel HC Card

In Maltese: Trebuchet can't move in a long distance when in normal mode (unpacked), make me and other players move this unit in short distance

I hope the creator of this game can fix these bug in the future
Last edited by Rampo on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks for your report. Stay tuned for new patches.

PforPotato
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:06 pm

First of all hi. I see some problems, bugs 1 is on 1.09 and the other 2 are older.
1.Sebastopol has 30 los but it has 45 attack range (I don't know why you create it like that but is wierd)
ImageImage
2.Erin Go Bragh don't work.
3.Last when you upgrade St. Patricks Day only Fenian boost attack and hitpoint. e.g Patricio take only attack and hitpoint from Fenian but not for Wild Goose
ImageImage
I hope that I help I'm not sure for my english

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Another Bug detected in this new patch i've found:
1: As i've told about missing texture in Mapuche and Tupi. It's look like this:
Mapuche (missing Artillery depot and stable's texture in Industrial Age)
Tupi (missing Artillery depot 's texture in in Industrial Age)
Next, Post Office building in Latin American lost texture when this building is under attacked, i take post office from Brazil and Peru as example (enemies)
Before under attack:

After Under attacked

2: In Romanian, There's a tech name "Nicolae Balcescu" that reach to age 3 and send 2 plague catapults and a tech name "King Carol I" that reach to age 5 and send 8 Plague catapults. all of these tech are in Artillery depot. Before my fixing this, you'll receive nothing after using this tech, just only aging up. I found that the Plague Catapult, in fact, is Corpsepult. i hope you can fix this bug

3: I don't know if it's a bug or not: German Krupp Factory:
As default: Gain auto train Grenadier:

the default is No icon of dimmed Grenadier (Blue)
When i click the other icon to change from auto train Grenadier to auto train others, for example: Culverin

The icon of Culverin (Blue) is dimmed, that mean it's chosen to auto train, and the icon of Grenadier (Blue) is present. But after choosing Grenadier (Blue) back, It come back like the default

The Icon for Grenadier (Blue) dimmed is missing, i hope the creator of this game fix this.

German doesn't train Doppelsoldner, but in church, when royal decree HC Card is arrived, i detect this tech: Zweihander, which Ships 12 Doppelsoldners from your homeland. In addition, all Doppelsoldner hitpoints are increased by 10%.

after using this:
I suggest you replace "Zweihander" tech by another one which is German unit's available, example: Jaeger, Landwehr, Totenkopf, ...

4: In Habsburgs, there's a tech name "Dame of Athens", which is not only reach to industrial age, but also make Mills and Plantations hold twice as many Villagers. i think this is a bad idea because with a size of mill and plantation, maximum villagers to gather from these is always 10, not more. If you want to make this effect, mill and plantation must be bigger than original. you can take fazenda in brazil and olive plantation in Greeks as example. I think the only thing to fix this bug is change: instead of make Mills and Plantations hold twice as many Villagers, maybe you add "Ancient Ruin" when a building destroyed, or
grant mill and plantation auto gather...

5: Ottoman Abus gun when upgraded to imperial level is lost its label

6: Iroquois: as you introduced Woodland People. As people of the woodland, their buildings are still connected to nature, and will quickly return to it once destroyed, providing natural resources when doing so.
unfortunately, some of the iroquois building spawn nothing or incorrect units after destroyed, for example: war hut and coral spawn african bowmen after destroyed, ... like this:
War hut destroyed:
Coral Destroyed:

7: ANGLOS General: take general in canadians as example: This unit has lost description in the second albility (which i marked here). maybe this albility is used to boost unit's speed

8: Tupi Pombero siege attack's range is shorter than ranged attack's range. Ybira-jara unit arm with a pike while its icon is act as Tomahawk. Maratekoaras has texture different every age up, while in National age, it's used as Aztec Prowl knight, but when in Captial age to Imperial age, it's used as tomahawk without any weapon armed...

About the AI not working properly in Egypt, Romanian and Italian: 
1: Egyptian: the town center is, as always, the main and most important building that every colony must have. it is also used as default shipment arrival point as well. losing it at beginning may result AI villager not doing anything, except Ali Pasha, and can't deliver any shipment to get. i think we use town center caravan as an emergency caravan that moves in another better zone, but i afraid AI can't train other caravan in this unit ...
2: Romanian: Econ unit (for example: Settler) auto train in town center only, no matter what it is. That means i have 2 suggestions for fix this problem: return for normal mode (make Roma slave train in TC) or do something to make Roma Slave train in Vardo, or even Vardo can auto maintain Roma Slave, because Vardo is a wagon, not a building.
3: Italian: it seems the architect is now changed role from building new building directly to train building wagon and let its wagon build itself. however, it's another bad idea because AI not train wagon from him and use its wagon to build new building. Although Italian AI's merchant can gather resources and aging up, it isn't mean this colony can be used as AI.
4: Dock building bug in Paraguayans: Dock is the building that build near the shore, which can be built only by the villager, not other one, even master engineer. for example: koygua. This bug can also detected in Italian as well
5: chatsets: frederick's chatsets is used in many civilizations: chileans, USA, Australians, All balkan colony, all african colony, Mapuche, Inca. Perhaps you need to change chatsets of these colony so that it'll be better, especially used those as ally colony. I have some suggests from changing those colony's chatsets:
Balkans Colony:
Bulgarians -----> henry
Greeks ---------> ivan
Serbians -------> maurice
African Colony:
Egypt -----------> suleiman
Zulu ------------> hiawatha
South American Colony:
Inca ------------> cuauhtemoc
Mapuche -----> gall
ANGLOS:
USA -----------> maurice
Last edited by Rampo on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Milord Kamyk
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:08 pm

Hello. I was just playing as Greeks and I couldn't harvest the crops from the fields. I clicked the "harvest" icon a few times but nothing happened, I still couldn't collect the food. Previously, in the latest versions I mean, everything worked fine after clicking a few times on the "harvest" icon. The same thing happens with Serbians and, I think, every field-using nations.

vuquangthai
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:40 am

a little bug: Alkar Lancer lost his spear(lance):