This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

VictorFDS
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Ottomans non-up-gradable?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Hello guys! I have a doubt here about the Ottomans militar up-grade. Is it normal that I can't upgrade their unities? I can just upgrade they just to "Imperial", for example: "Imperial Janissary". Please, forgive me if I'm been noob here.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: Ottomans non-up-gradable?

Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:18 pm

Yes, that's on purpose. In the civilizations section of our site you can read this regarding this ''anti-bonus'':
Outdated military. Their military, while strong, has weak bonuses, and can quickly become weak, costly and subpar compared to their western counterparts.

VictorFDS
Topic Author
Roto
Roto

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Jutlander wrote: Yes, that's on purpose. In the civilizations section of our site you can read this regarding this ''anti-bonus'':
Outdated military. Their military, while strong, has weak bonuses, and can quickly become weak, costly and subpar compared to their western counterparts.
Thank you for your answer, @Jutlander. I asked this because it was not clear the meaning of "bonuses" in their section. I thought it was talking about the bonus multiplier. (2x damage against heavy infantry, for instance)  

Rampo
Blandengue
Blandengue

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:45 am

VictorFDS wrote:
Jutlander wrote: Yes, that's on purpose. In the civilizations section of our site you can read this regarding this ''anti-bonus'':
Thank you for your answer, @Jutlander. I asked this because it was not clear the meaning of "bonuses" in their section. I thought it was talking about the bonus multiplier. (2x damage against heavy infantry, for instance)  
VictorFDSAbout that problem, Jutlander is right, all of Ottoman unit can be upgraded in Imperial Age only. I know that you afraid Ottoman unit can be killed somewhat easily if not upgraded their combat abilities in an earlier age???. I have some suggest of this:
1: Use Military Improvement HC Cards. it'll be located in the Ottoman HC in Military Academy tab
2: Use Arsenal Improvement tech
3: Use the other tech that can help you to upgrade unit's combat ability in combat for example: some native post
4: If you have an native alliance (native trading post that built), try to use your native unit mix with your ottoman army. Example: In carolina map, if you've built Cherokee trading post, train rifleman in to mix with your ottoman army
4: Swift and Skilled strategy to counter enemy unit
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo