This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

MacAilbert
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Can't get the mod to run correctly.

Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:32 am

I'm using the Steam version on a 64 bit Windows 10 operating system. I installed the mod over a fresh install, and I did direct it into the steamapps/AOE3/bin folder. The mod installed, but when I start playing a single player skirmish game, none of the civilizations have names (the text has totally disappeared, though the new civs do show up with their flags and portraits), and none of the mod's maps have names, either, though I can load and play them. The problem is, if I play as any new civ, I can't do anything. My settlers can't build any buildings (Like, no building icons even show up in the menu where you choose what to build. They aren't even red as if invalid, they aren't there at all.), and the town center can't train settlers (there's no button for that at all, either). I understand most new civs don't have AI coded yet, but as I understand it they can still be controlled by the player just fine, so something has to be wrong with my installation. I've tried wiping all AOE3 files off my computer completely, redownloading, and reinstalling the mod, and I just get the exact same thing. Has anyone any idea where the problem could be?

cjmarst2003
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Re: Can't get the mod to run correctly.

Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:23 am

I'm having the same issue

MacAilbert
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:57 am

When I originally installed, I used the ModDB version. I tried again with the version and update hosted here, and now it's working after using the updater (before, it does the same thjng the ModDB version was doing). I'm guessing the problem is with the patch on ModDB, and I guess just get all files from this site.

cjmarst2003
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:16 pm

I've tried both the version from modDB and from here, though I haven't tried using the updater. I think I'll try that some time next week :)

CalebMarston
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:35 pm

I can now confirm that you must run the updater to make it work, I guess there are some patches in there that make the game work. (Also follow any instructions given by the updater)

CalebMarston
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:36 pm

also I signed in with google instead of steam so that's why my name and profile pic have changed, still the same person though XD