This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Game crashes after some time in mulitplayer

Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:49 am

Around the time the old site got removed, I experienced a weird crash: after some time in mulitplayer (like 3 to 4 minutes), my game crashes. When I try to play in single player, the game freezes and crashes at the beginning of the load. The game crashes when I play the tutorial "Try a game" after the narrator finished speaking and when the objectives sound has played.
I already tried: a "complete reinstall" with all the files of a friend (after having tried independently reinstalling the AI3-folder, age3y and data-folder). I also had tried removing files from my document/mygames/warsofliberty. I have also tried renaming the bin and documents/age of empires 3 folders, to unlink WOL from the original game. Nothing worked.
I have a logfile.txt, but no info looks to be inside

Code: Select all

===============================================================
File 'Age3Log.txt' opened at Thu Mar 30 19:29:42 2017

===============================================================

PreGame  6719:  Game locale: English
PreGame  7840:  nvCPL is unavailable.
PreGame  8639:  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
PreGame  8639:  Render using: NVIDIA NVS 5100M
PreGame  8639:     Driver: nvd3dum.dll -- version 21.21.13.4201
PreGame  8639:     VendorID = 0x10de
PreGame  8639:     DeviceID = 0xa2c
PreGame  8639:     SubSysID = 0x1521103c
PreGame  8639:     Revision = 0xa2
PreGame  8639:     DeviceIdentifier: (removed because I don't know if safe to post that)
PreGame  8650:     XML render config -- found vendor 0x10DE as 'NVIDIA'
PreGame  8651:     XML render config -- choosing generic device configuration file 'geforce fx 6800'
PreGame  33851:  Game startup complete (33.84 sec)!
PreGame  33851:  ------------------------------------------------------------
Have you guys any idea what could be wrong?

DayoftheNinja
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Zulu
Steam: DayoftheNinja

Re: Game crashes after some time in mulitplayer

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:52 pm

I'm not an expert on this sort of thing by any means, but based on the error log alone it seems like the issue is caused by your graphics card. You could try turning the ingame graphics down, checking whatever options you have in your graphics card's control panel, or maybe updating your graphics driver (if you're on Windows, that would be Device Manager -> Display Adapters -> right click on your graphics card and select 'update driver software'). Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me could step in and give you a suggestion.

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:00 am

Thanks for the reply, but the problem persists. I tried yesterday the first campaign mission of Fire (Nathaniel Black) and the game crashed about when the enemy villagers entered a TC and when I received my first shipment, but that could mean nothing.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:51 pm

Yes, the campaign will inevitably crash.

Why are you playing it anyways?

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:00 pm

I was just testing. I thought it could give some info about the circumstances. Still, I cannot play a game.

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:08 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I have made my game to work: I came to the idea to launch the game in +nosound mode. Somehow, the game was then working. I decided to launch the game without this mode, but with the option music off and sound on. It worked. I tried with music on, it crashed. So apperently, there is something wrong with the music (even though I completely reinstalled the binfolder). What I do now: the unique civilization music can play (when I tried a game on ESO), but the game crashes after about 3 to 4 minutes. The menu music works normally. I was not hearing music when loading a map in singleplayer (well, it did not load even a bit, after 20 seconds of stagnation it crashes). Are there things I can try to locate the problem?

EDIT: After 5 minutes, I experienced again a crash (in singleplayer). So apperently I had not solved it...
EDIT2: I managed to have music when starting a game in singleplayer (I redownloaded msxml and directx), but it still crashes after 5 minutes. It does also not matter if the speed is normal or fast. I've also reinstalled windows media player, checked if my sound device is up-to-date

Kikematamitos
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Mexicans
ESO: Kikematamitos
Steam: Kikematamitos

Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:26 am

I have a similar problem playing in ES Online wen i use the priest powers the game crash.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:15 am

Kikematamitos wrote: I have a similar problem playing in ES Online wen i use the priest powers the game crash.
I think the powers causes out of sync. It seems like everytime someone uses a special power we get out of sync. Like last time we played and it happened straight after you used a power. But i think other powers like serbian fire cause it too. When you me and commie played it went oos straight after he used the serbian fire.
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

Circle of Ossus
Topic Author
Blandengue
Blandengue

Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:34 pm

CelticCrusader wrote:
I think the powers causes out of sync. It seems like everytime someone uses a special power we get out of sync. Like last time we played and it happened straight after you used a power. But i think other powers like serbian fire cause it too. When you me and commie played it went oos straight after he used the serbian fire.
I cannot go even that far ingame. Does someone know more about cache files from steam, or about problems with msxml or directx? Are directx or msxml changed by wol? I know that reinstalling them had some effect on my game.

Kikematamitos
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Mexicans
ESO: Kikematamitos
Steam: Kikematamitos

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Now i the game just crash and this is the info of the event viewer:

Nombre de la aplicación con errores: age3y.exe, versión: 6.108.321.137, marca de tiempo: 0x49ef86ac
Nombre del módulo con errores: CompPkgSup.DLL, versión: 10.0.14393.953, marca de tiempo: 0x58ba5a1f
Código de excepción: 0xc0000005
Desplazamiento de errores: 0x0000346b
Identificador del proceso con errores: 0x29b4
Hora de inicio de la aplicación con errores: 0x01d2b1a3b0281b5d
Ruta de acceso de la aplicación con errores: C:\Users\Carlos Enrique\Friki\bin\age3y.exe
Ruta de acceso del módulo con errores: C:\Windows\System32\CompPkgSup.DLL
Identificador del informe: d31e7c81-1d97-11e7-9f36-3497f63553c1