This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DavidIbragimov
Topic Author
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Some Bugs I found.

Tue May 14, 2019 1:08 pm

These are just some Bugs I found for some different civs when with or against them in LAN.

Korea
-Korean righteous fighters will eventually die if not sent into conflict
- The Golden Buddha doesn't function as it is supposed to (doesn't stop conflict)
-The righteous fighters ability can only be activated through the Wonder building
-The Korean units are not able to garrison in foreign buildings that come through relations (such as Russian Fort and Blockhouse)

Zulu
- (This is kinda good but....) The card that sends Boer Commandos costs only 1 export.
-(idk if its supposed to be like this, but the Zulu fast firing artillery is supposed to something like the American version of it, not the problem though) It seems to be lacking the damage and the fast fire rate to do any damage to enemy units, it just provokes them.
-(Also goes in affect with all other civs) But when you sound the Town Center bell alarm, the vills will usually travel to the closest outposts instead of going to the towncenter. This is usually bad because the outposts are either on the other side of the colony, or at the front where all battle is taking place.

Malta
-When buildings are destroyed, the map still shows the locations of non-existent buildings.
- Already mentioned this, but when playing with Malta, anywhere where your troops go you see what is happening even when you aren't there.
-When playing against Malta(back to building problem), sometimes there are invisible barriers that will not let your troops advance through with either stopping or finding another way around.
-The AI will usually just spawn all the catapults right next to town center. So instead of bringing them to combat, you got 15 set up catapults around the the town center.

AI in general
-When playing longer than 45 minutes(ally and enemy) or destroying a ally base but they retreat and create a new one, The enemy AI will bring in troops to the allies ex-colony and will just keep them there, until directly provoked by ally forces.
-If Ally AI lost many vills and is in a suffering situation but is saved, will not create vill units or gather resources sent from homecity. Even if you send them provisions, they will waste all there resources on creating cheap available military units or very expensive mercenaries(depending on leftover resources)
-Sometimes AI vill will just stand there doing nothing until provoked 
-AI loves to build farms and plantations right on the front of their colonies, which gets many vills killed fast if an attack takes place.
-Instead of fleeing with vills, the AI will usually stop doing anything and surrender afterwards after they are finished off(Allianced AI)
-When attacking, the AI will just go dead smack into the Colony, and only then start attacking the buildings.
-AI will target Libraries and Wonders first if You are Playing with African/ Asian Civs.
-Noticed in general, But the AI really loves spamming with Pikeman and Halberdiers (Almost never see artillery)
-The AI will usually upgrade 1-2 Units up to max, and leave all the other units on the basic level (Usually the Europe Civs)

Buildings
-African Lots and Balkan Crops take a decently long time to break. (A little too long for a patch of dirt and plants)
-If repaired walls, no matter how much, if someone attacks, they will go back to there previous hp that they were at
-On African maps, Most settlements that should generate resources say they are out of season and trade posts cannot be built.
-(More of a question, but was it intended for civs to only have 2 docks?)

Maps
-The Ghostly Hallows(believe thats what the name is), is kinda a little heavy on the special effects(But very tremendous job!), which makes the game lag. Also, the headless horserider seems to be missing from the map.
-The Alps are fine, but when playing on teams, there will always be a teammate that will spawn in very far from everyone else, which puts them in Isolation most of the game and makes them the first target of the enemy team.

Well I am guessing this is it so far on the bugs, or the ones I encountered while playing. Again, I play LAN and am not sure it these go into effect for Skirmish or Online. Hoping at least the AI could get more or less improved......
                                                   -David
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

Mezzurah
Villero
Villero

Re: Some Bugs I found.

Thu May 16, 2019 7:21 pm

So regarding the commodities (settlements) on African maps, those were disabled a few patches ago since the team is planning an overhaul sometime in the future, though I'm not sure when that would be..

DavidIbragimov
Topic Author
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Re: Some Bugs I found.

Fri May 17, 2019 9:39 am

I hope it is soon.
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team