This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Hwacha
Hwacha
Steam: BG_Rampo

Re: BUG REPORT - Have you found one?

Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:03 am

Ouiaboo wrote: I'm not sure if this is a bug, strictly speaking, but I seem to lack any villages when I play maps that should have them, e.g. British Isles and Black Forest. I have African Commodities, though. Any idea why? 
you mean: some maps that doesn't have native village to build trading post?
if it is, it's intended because of challenging
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Ouiaboo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm referring to the maps that, according to the site, should have villages but don't seem to in my install. Take for example British Isles. In both of the games I ran, there were no villages on either the Hebrides or the isle of man. Is this a problem with my install? 
If it helps, when it was loading, the map also lacked description text. Here's a link to the minimap showing villages, if that's helpful.

Ouiaboo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:52 pm

I'll quickly run a Hawai'i map to see if the issue persists with all new allied minor civs, and report back.

Ouiaboo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Sorry to swarm the topic with posts, but I ran a few quick load & resign games, and I found a few issues.

First, the native buildings on both Hawai'i and Polynesian Atoll seem to appear and work just fine. The naval trade-route on Polynesian Atoll works fine as well.

The issue with villages however persists. Tuscany lacks any villages mentioned on the site, as does Black Forest and British Isles. I also seem to be lacking some of the listed maps, notably both Scandinavia and Iberian Peninsula. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is this a bug or..? Sorry to drown this topic in information, but I'm loving the mod so far and would like to play with those features and maps. Thanks for reviewing!

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Most native sites added by the mod aren't working properly yet, including African Commodities, and European Villages aren't even implemented yet. Also not all maps listed on the site are working properly. Nothing wrong on your end.

Ouiaboo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:30 am

Cool, thanks for letting me know. Sorry about the confusion!

Ouiaboo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 am

Kahuna Shipwrights don't seem to be able to gather wood, not sure if bug? Figured I'd list it anyway. The just sorta idly stand at the trees and don't collect anything.

bankster
Roto
Roto
Favorite Civilization: Peruvians

Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:43 am

In Tasmania, although there is a big lake surrounding the terrain, the game doesn't detect there is water and doesn't issue the home city water points. Thus, the AI doesn't try to build docks and gather fish and whales.
It is important since the lake is the only gold source in the map.

Dr.Faktor
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 pm

My biggest bug withh WoL is that the three basic native civilization are... just don't exist.
Other minor bugs are: the invisible town center icons, some units are mute, and some maps are missing or wrong (like missing resources). Please, don't forget to fix these! Really thank you! :)

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:17 pm

Uh, that's an issue at your side. Do you have the Warchiefs?