This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Mezzurah
Fur Trader
Fur Trader

Re: BUG REPORT - Have you found one?

Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:47 am

While playing as Zulu, the religious upgrade Cure By Fasting from choosing Shamanism as your religion does not seem to apply to units that mature from other units (such as Villagers from Youths).

Cenarius
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:49 am

AlistairJah wrote: @Cenarius, thank you for the report. Now, I would like to ask you to play 1v1 against Spanish, British, French and German to see if it's actually not related to AIs. You play as a Balkan civ.

After intensive testing while playing as the Romanians I have noticed the following:
- the SerbiansBulgarians and Greek AIs (ally and enemy) causes a frame rate spike (lag) once at 15 seconds making the game unplayable.
- the SpanishBritishFrench and German AIs do not cause the 15 sec spike.
- the Egyptians and Australians AIs do not cause the 15 sec spike.
- the "Build House/Longhouse" command hotkey doesn't work for Roma Slaves - which is very annoying
- the "Set Gather Point" command for the Vardo doesn't work.
- the Fishing ships speak English instead of Romanian.
  Some minor bugs:
- all the crops reduce the frame rate considerably when you're looking at them, but the game is still playable
Circus bug: after you choose "Bears perform to train Ravens", the button's label changes to "Bears perform to train more bears".

For everyone
Do not use any of the 4 Balkan civs as allies or enemies because you won't be able to enjoy the game (15s FR spike).
You'll have to wait for the next patch. The modding team is working on it.
You can play as a Balkan civ if you like without major issues (if the other bugs do not annoy you).
Last edited by Cenarius on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkingFikri
Roto
Roto

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:02 pm

sabakun wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:47 pm
Yes Balkans civ like Serbians are causing some perfomances issues (fps dropping), but what do you mean by :"Serbians civ in my team not playable" ? Do you want to say : Serbians civ in my team aren't playing anymore when then built some buildings ?
Yes, Serbians civ in my team aren't playing anymore when then built some buildings, how to fix ?

sabakun
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Iroquois
ESO: LordSabakun
Steam: lordsabakun

Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:16 pm

I don't know dude I haven't progamming/coding/modding knowledge! This thread is only for reporting bugs and issues, then WoL devs and eventually Interns can make new patches and coldfixes to fix the mod. So: Wait and See ... :)
Watch your back, Iroquois are comming back !

QueenOfYays
Lassador
Lassador
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 am

It's hard to select the Elephant Bird in Madagascar.

Cenarius
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 pm

New bug found:
While playing as the Romanians civ, when using the "Hot Air Balloons" card the Explorer or Hero (your Domnitor) does not gain the ability to use temporary Hot Air Balloons to explore the map.

Edit: Also the Zulu civ AI is way too weak. I have to give them at least 80% handicap on Hard difficulty to match the other civs and to make them more challenging.

Circle of Ossus
Texas Ranger
Texas Ranger
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:05 pm

Play against them on expert then. The AI tends to behave a bit different when playing on higher difficulties (like the easy AI not building many cannons and not shipping forts).
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

sabakun
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Iroquois
ESO: LordSabakun
Steam: lordsabakun

Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:19 pm

And expert IA is pretty strong and nice to practice with their gather rates bonuses. As circle of Ossus said: try to win on expert then when it's done try again against 2 or 3 IA then you will be a WoL monster! :D
Watch your back, Iroquois are comming back !

Cenarius
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:23 pm

I read somewhere that the only difference between Hard and Expert is a 50% added handicap. So Expert diff. = Hard +50% (taken from the AoE III code they say).
Whether that is true or not I played against Zulu on Expert +30% handicap and won with ease and I played against French on Hard +20% handicap and got my ass kicked.

Now I'm not a professional RTS player (11.3 APM)  - my level lies between Hard and Expert. 
But if I would prefer to play a 2v2 or 3v3 match (my favorite) on my diff (on Hard+) I would be forced to set the Zulus at ~90% (sometimes not even 100% is enough).

Anyway, if you're ever in need to prioritize your fixes and have to make a choice between Zulus and Romanians.... make'em Balkans happy!

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:29 pm

Honestly, APM isn't really as important in Age of Empires as it is with Starcraft, but it's mostly known that our AI is mighty broken,