This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Re: BUG REPORT - Have you found one?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:11 pm

yeah Laicism means you can't get faith...

carlosbarano
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Maltese

Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

I have a bad new ;c when making the Architect a villager, now when he does nothing it is always showing the inactive villager banner. I love that he could get into the TC, but now i cannot get rid of the inactive villager banner :(

Can the ability of resguarding inside TC's be at the same time as being a hero?
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 am

carlosbarano .Making Italian Architect may not be a bad idea, you mean architect can be count as valid Idle villager???. I remember, in AOE 3 NE, Italian Architect in NE is act as hero, and villager too. as well as he can gather wood, somewhat like WOL Paraguayan Master Engineer. 
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:22 pm

danter92 wrote:Now that the monument is working I noticed the villagers just jump and clap hands in front of the monument they dont really dance or move, they don't really go about dancing like they do around in circles like in the fire pit (as far as I remember from the original game villagers would jump and dance in circles around the fire pits)
That's intended. Monuments don't work like Fire Pits, that's why villagers don't dance around it.

carlosbarano wrote:I have a bad new ;c when making the Architect a villager, now when he does nothing it is always showing the inactive villager banner. I love that he could get into the TC, but now i cannot get rid of the inactive villager banner :(

Can the ability of resguarding inside TC's be at the same time as being a hero?
I don't know if you're aware of this by now, but Architects can be tasked to pray at the Basilica. This means you can task him there and get rid of the banner, plus get Faith to spend in that building.

Rampo wrote:I remember, in AOE 3 NE, Italian Architect in NE is act as hero, and villager too. as well as he can gather wood, somewhat like WOL Paraguayan Master Engineer.
That's why our Architect can't gather Wood and construct buildings, otherwise he would be too similar to the NE Architect and the Paraguayan Master Engineer.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Takatmo Yereoc. You bring architect to pray in Basilica??? year, but maybe need AI to control this unit to do that. I have played a match with AI Italian civ as my ally civ, and AI Architect doesn't pray in Basilica, as well as doesn't control town wagon to build dock in some naval maps. I'll add this as AI bug in my related bug post:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=900

BG Rampo

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 pm

AI cannot pray. Well, they can pray but I just ignored it. Praying is not good for the AI.
Also, Italian AI is really, really bad right now as wagons are always slow to build something. This is something over my control, I never found a way to improve it. Until I find a good solution, Italians will always be as bad as they are now.
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Don't worry, I put that bug as intended, AlistairJah . Maybe need to wait for a new patch to see a somewhat better AI Italian

BG Rampo

carlosbarano
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:44 pm

Takatmo Yereoc wrote:I don't know if you're aware of this by now, but Architects can be tasked to pray at the Basilica. This means you can task him there and get rid of the banner, plus get Faith to spend in that building.
Yes, but I won't build a Basilica since at least age3 or industrial. Still, there's no justification to get the idle villager banner by default. Is very very annoying :c 
Rampo wrote: I remember, in AOE 3 NE, Italian Architect in NE is act as hero, and villager too. as well as he can gather wood, somewhat like WOL Paraguayan Master Engineer.
xD I don't think the WoL team hasn't make it because of that, but rather because Engineer exist itself. I don't know why there is some fear to make something similar to NE. Anyway, the Architect is nice that can get inside buildings, but having the idle villager banner on can be solved. 

EDIT: My solution, now that Architect can pray, is that when choosing a Politician to age up to national (age2), the Bishop instead of shipping 2 merchants, sents also 1 City Wagon to build the Basilica instantly in age 2 and make Architect busy. Or 1 Merchant + the city wagon. 
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

AlistairJah
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:46 pm

@carlosbarano You can also make architects move far away from town center, select them, press and hold on Shift, right click on town center then right click on something they can target (for example, a treasure guardian). When they are garrisoned, the banner should disappear.
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

carlosbarano
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 pm

I usually do square movements, like I do with spies, making circles around the TC 20 times but that still does not solve the problem.

Ideally the Architect shouldn't show the banner, and the options of clicking are well, something, but I consider giving a Basilica wagon with the Bishop and 1 merchant is better something. If you are Italy and to make arm, choose 200 coin + spy, if you want to get quick to age 3 choose 500 food, if want to boom can choose 2 merchants + Basilica, and if want to defend from a rush choose 200 coin  + outpost wagon. Seems pretty equilibrated. Even more, the Bishop can offer just 1 merchand + Basilica, if 2 merchants seems too much.