This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Re: BUG REPORT - Have you found one?

Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:21 pm

My grafik options allways resett when i tab out of the game..
Only happening in WOL, Vanilla keeps it.
( Changing resolution from 1920 x 1080 back to 1024 x ??? )
Greetings Maxy :)

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Maxyking25 wrote: My grafik options allways resett when i tab out of the game..
Only happening in WOL, Vanilla keeps it.
( Changing resolution from 1920 x 1080 back to 1024 x ??? )
Greetings Maxy :)
For change Graphic Options, always run the game as admin.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

StJaume
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:20 pm

-Congress battalions cannot be trained from Congress or Parliament. 
-The Balkan Home Cities have a tendency to lag when selecting cards in the Home City screen, particularly the Greeks. Perhaps the camera angle ought to be raised a little, or the Home City map made smaller? 
-Chinese Kansu Braves have no display name in-game. It is present in the Home City and in tooltips, but not the UI while playing a match.
-In Minimized UI mode, civs that use both export and faith cannot see the amount of faith. Additionally, Romania has just a black image for its resources panel while in Minimized UI. 
-Sasquatch Sighting card (Canadian) ships over 6 GAIA black bears. I suggest using the 'PetBlackBears' for the tech. tree file instead, since that unit can be given to players. 
-AI just parks its villagers around huntables that have been 'captured' by Japanese Shrines. 
-And, the most bizarre, frustrating thing: The Bulgarian AI, from my experiences of playing on moderate, is able to produce copious amounts of Spasitelya and Opalchentsi Poborniki in Age 2. In one game, I faced about 3 waves of 40+ Bulgarian infantry and cavalry by the 30 minute mark. I have not figured out how it can do this considering how the AI only has about 9-12 shipments max, and has no other way of getting military units prior to Age 4. Owing to the fact that the AI for Balkan civilizations has not been fleshed out yet, perhaps this is due to some AI help provided by the random map script?

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:18 pm

The Bulgarians can send free shipments- as long as they have one shipment they can send unlimited free soldiers, villagers,and resources, of course only one at a time though. Never seen that many that early on though, and I play on expert. They do always seem to have some frickin scary armies of mercenaries when I'm still using trash like pikes and archaic shooters though.

StJaume
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:28 am

That is my point. I do not understand how it is possible, without cheating or an AI exploit, for a Bulgarian AI to have such huge armies at Age 2-at around the 20 minute mark. It would take dozens of shipments, which is theoretically impossible to achieve without cheating, at such an early stage of the game, for the AI to be able to churn out dozens upon dozens of units. 

Developers could you please tell us what's going on?

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:34 am

Exactly as Dr Roach said. Have you played as Bulgaria? As long as you have one shipment available, you can send as many cards as you want without using up that shipment. You don't actually need dozens of shipments.

If it's not clear, that is Bulgaria's bonus.
Image Image Image Image Image

StJaume
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:53 am

Thank you so much for pointing that out; silly me for glossing over the fine print and civilization bonuses. That is indeed how it works; how they program that feature of not consuming shipments on a given card? I have never seen something so unique and cool like that before. I still think it is unusual for the Bulgarians to produce dozens of units in that time on Moderate, even if it is feasible; maybe a shipment speed improvement got them there. 

Another bug I've noticed: On the random map Atacama, you cannot build on the trading post sockets in the salt flats at the heart of the map because the sockets have not been given buildable terrain underneath them. An oversight, maybe?

Rabbis also do not pray properly at the Temple/Synagogue. When you task them there, their model glitches out, and you are unable to select your rabbis unless you destroy the building. Is this intentional? 

Circle of Ossus
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:17 am

Most priests have that bug. In one of the religions, there is a tech which makes you able to let priests pray. However, mosts priests can already pray at the church (not other buildings).

BUG: if you send the Tupi HC card for lowering the Marakatoras or something prics, the price of the raiding party at the houses doesn't decrease.

Maxyking25
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Swiss
ESO: Maxy147
Steam: Evil Morty

Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 pm

The church upgrade at americans " Villiger cost less food but faith instead. "
When you get the Sclaves, that cost gold... They cost 100 gold and 50 faith.

PPlease change that ...

StJaume
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:18 pm

There's a map that features the Order of Christ trade sockets. I want to play on it again, but I cannot identify it because it was randomly picked, and also has no UI text or Map Name on the loading screen UI. 

The Ethiopian tradesman also can't fit through the gaps of some of the forts, and is thus unable to build trading posts inside.