This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

pg895
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

No civilization/Home Cities showing

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi, I just installed the the game and the mod and I ran over this issue: when I start the game and I have to choose what civ to play (or to create a new Home City), the game doesn't show any civilization and I have to choose the Chinese one since it is the default one (see pics in attachment).

The installation went as following: I installed the game on my D: drive. I then downloaded the installer from this page http://aoe3wol.com/download and then I ran it to see if everything was ok. The game still showed just a few civilizations (around 10 I think, I didn't screenshot it), so I decided to run the Updater to see if other civs would show up. As it turned out now the issue is worse than before!

Does someone know what I can do to fix it?
Also, when I go to the folder ...\Age of Empires III - Complete Collection\bin\etc the WoL-Current version file says I'm running the version 1.0.10b, but I am pretty sure the last version is 1.0.10a. Did I miss something?

I tried to find a post in which this problem had already been addressed but I couldn't find it, please tell me if there is.
Attachments
Immagine1.png
Immagine.png

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Re: No civilization/Home Cities showing

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:17 pm

Cool, a whole new problem :D
Although I have never seen any report of this type, I suspect it is related to ".personality" files in "bin\AI3". Find them all. Normally the filenames should all start with "wol", like "wolalipasha" or "wolnapoleon". If you see more than 30 of them... then the problem is most certainly due to something else. Try to reinstall everything...

/!\ The order must be respected.
Uninstall aoe3
Delete the bin folder (and obviously everything it contains).
Reinstall aoe3
Open the bin folder and run:
First age3. Play some skirmish vs computer.
Second age3x. Also play some skirmish vs computer.
Third age3y. Aand yes, play some skirmish vs computer.

After, install wol. Play some skirmish vs computer.
And finally update WoL using the patcher.

Normally there should be no more problems. Don't care about 1.0.10b :D it doesn't exist in our database. The version after v1.0.10a is v1.0.11, which will be released waayyy later.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

pg895
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Thank you for the reply!
I checked the AI3 folder and I found 38 .personality files (and plenty of .xs files as well), so the issue must be something else...
I'll try to reinstall everything as you are suggesting, I'll come back to let you know!

carlosbarano
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Maybe this also work, I had a problem that was not having any HC, not even my player name, all was reset.

I was told to do this and worked:
-Locate this file and open with notepad: My Games/Wars of Liberty/Users3/NewProfile3.xml
-Find this: <LastSelectedSPHC></LastSelectedSPHC>
-Replace with this: <LastSelectedSPHC>sp_Beijing_homecity.xml</LastSelectedSPHC>
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)