This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

TR_Feds
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Australians (rifleman and Runcorpsmen)

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:33 am

The basic version of the rifleman is ok, but once you upgrade him, it's weapon will turn completely black and won't turn back to normal, not to mention that (for me at least) the ultimate version always have a red body, yes I'm aware that some skins won't load if you play more than one game in a row, but this bug or whatever happens even of my first game. 

The runcorpsmen: I believe you should reduce the population it takes. While you can reduce the bushranger and corpsmen population by choosing a specific politician 6 population and then 3 seems too much. I have tested them against some of habsburgs units such as the Grenzer, and while I'm aware that different nations = different gameplay, I just can't see how this unit is useful. Grenzer takes 2 population and wins the fight, so if a mercenarie takes less populations and is cheaper (using habsburgs bank option you can get them easily) then I believe there's something wrong with it. Not to mention how expensive they are, and how australians are in need of coin to produce villagers and their basic units aren't precisely cheap. But overall this is just my take on it. Maybe since you guys are far more wise on the matter, you could explain better to me.

Have a nice day :) 

Oh I forgot to mention something elsem while building houses on the industrial age, sometimes the houses will automatically destroy themselfs. Only happened to me on the map that Van diemers land or something. Sorry if I butchered the name. 

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Australians (rifleman and Runcorpsmen)

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:41 am

Rum Corpsmen and Bushrangers cost a lot of population on purpose. They are "outlaw" units, Rum Corpsman's stats are actually very close to the Marathan Thugee, which actually has surprisingly good stats. Sure, the Grenzer beats him, but all Habsburg units are above average as a rule, so it's not a fair comparison, that's because they all get hard-countered by Spies.

As for the other things, aye, those are actual bugs.

Doctorwho2485
Guerrillero
Guerrillero
Favorite Civilization: Dutch

Re: Australians (rifleman and Runcorpsmen)

Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:43 pm