This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Silas
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

I found a bug i think.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 am

The a.i. for Canada is hyper aggressive which does not make much sense to me. but anyway i was wondering if this is a bug. 

HrdsHrdrck
Aspide
Aspide
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: I found a bug i think.

Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:56 am

the ai is too weird, sometimes attack relatively early and sometimes does almost nothing.

particularly i doesn't find the canadian ai specialy aggressive and if is it, make sense with the canada of the 19th century i think.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:49 am

Oh yes, WoL AI is very buggy :'D
It has been discussed multiple times, a decade ago. People noticed that the AI is way too predictable thus Felix Hermansson implemented a "random personality" behavior trait in the Draugur AI. Before v1.0.10, WoL was using the Draugur, which was supposed to be better than the Vanilla AI, but then it had a lot of bugs. I decided to rewrite it completely using Vanilla AI but I am afraid I only managed to fix the lags (any lag people are experiencing right now is caused by something else, not AI). Since people said that the "random behavior traits" in the Draugur AI make them less predictable, I decided to port it over WoL AI *shrug*. I also made them pray at church, debate at town hall, research religion techs, get immigrant villagers and build immigrant houses (to get more XP), gather Trade resource from spice stalls, build multiple forts if possible and populate those forts with barracks and stables. As far as I know, they never did any of those before v1.0.10 (but maybe I'm wrong?). All those changes might explain why they are so weird currently :hmm:
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

benjanameless
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:10 am

this is also weird I can't find were to train tanks? I watched a vid and the guy had tanks. is it in a update? if not were can i get them

HrdsHrdrck
Aspide
Aspide
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 am

benjanameless wrote: this is also weird I can't find were to train tanks? I watched a vid and the guy had tanks. is it in a update? if not were can i get them
Tanks aren't available yet, in the future the great war will come and with it the tanks, actually you can use them only in the editor.
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt