This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Hospital! This forum is for bugs and error reporting.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Gravey
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Favorite Civilization: Germans

How to obtain Great War units?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 pm

Hello everyone,

it might sound dumb but how can i obtain units of the Great War era? I can only get to Imperial Age.
I installed the mod on a clean AoE 3 Ultimate Edition in Steam.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Re: How to obtain Great War units?

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:33 pm

The Great War has not been added yet as of the most recent patch. It is planned to come in the next patch.

Gravey
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:39 pm

Ah, thank you. I was quite confused because I have seen an article about the mod where they showed screenshots with the GW units. :)
I think the topic can be closed then.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:17 am

What article, if you don't mind me asking?

Gravey
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:55 pm

It's from the German game magazine gamestar. The article itself is only fully viewable if you have an abonnement. So i could only read a bit and see the screenshots. Even the video is only available for Plus-User
http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/wars-of- ... 24783.html

XavierXante
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:36 pm

I have also seen the similar video. However he was still in imperial age. Then how on earth did he get access to great war units? Maybe in scenario editor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJozlXezdV8

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:01 pm

First of all, that's obviously not footage of an actual game considering he started in Discovery Age, has about 350 population when he should only be able to support 10, and has about a million of each resource.

Second, if I were you I would refrain from basing my complaints about a gameplay mechanic that was removed in order to rework it on a video made before it was reworked, when I haven't actually seen the result of the rework yet.

Third, it is altogether incorrect to think of the Great War as a sixth age after Imperial. Rather it acts as a stalemate-ender, similar to Revolution but much harder to obtain, that gives you the technological edge needed to destroy everything and thereby end a game that's going on too long.

XavierXante
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:07 pm

Septafolia wrote: First of all, that's obviously not footage of an actual game considering he started in Discovery Age, has about 350 population when he should only be able to support 10, and has about a million of each resource.

Second, if I were you I would refrain from basing my complaints about a gameplay mechanic that was removed in order to rework it on a video made before it was reworked, when I haven't actually seen the result of the rework yet.

Third, it is altogether incorrect to think of the Great War as a sixth age after Imperial. Rather it acts as a stalemate-ender, similar to Revolution but much harder to obtain, that gives you the technological edge needed to destroy everything and thereby end a game that's going on too long.
Of course, it is not an actual game. That's why I suspected that it might be scenario editor.
Anyway, thanks for the information. So, only European(including Balkan) and Anglo civlisations get access to great war units?

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

What?

Of course not.

It's all civs.

John25-
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Australians

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:56 am

Just makes me wonder.. I don't think WWI should be implemented to the game, simply because WOL is based on the colonial era. It would of course be interesting to have it but there'd something weird: firstly, you wrote ' It's all civs.' but civs like the Inca or Mapuche did not get involved in it (as far as I know..). Secondly, civs like Malta would then be able to recruit knights and WWI soldiers at the same time (?) which would be fantasy more than Historically accurate..
Having it in scenario editor would be nice but I seriously don't think it is to be added to the game.

Septafolia wrote 'similar to Revolution but much harder to obtain', would people be able to obtain GW if they already performed revolution?