This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

JoeRoss12
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Unit upgrade issue

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

To keep this simple, I noticed that all the new 40+ civilizations, (that is most of them), that Wol adds still need unit upgrades. Take Greeks for example. When you build a barracks, though your on post-imperial age, you still need to buy upgrades for each individual unit in order to have max hit points and damage. While Ottomans, a vanilla civ, are fully upgraded at the start of the imperial age. While I love the mod, this little bit bothers me a little.
Any thoughts?

Rampo
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Re: Unit upgrade issue

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:04 am

Post industrial and imperial section for WOL civs is on plan, it takes some moment to finish. 
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:53 pm

I can tell, as someone who did a tiny bit of aoe3 modding in the past, that coding the post starts is extremely boring and time consuming. (same goes for adding voices). The mod will never be made for non-enlightment age starts. For example the Africans: The team would have to define post starts for each age in order to make them not going backwards in age. The Greeks will just be impossible: their HC-politician bonus cannot be balanced out for later starts (for example I use multiple foundry age ups to use the bonus from certain politicians). Same goes for the Habsburgs.
But the game was never meant for later starts. See the Portuguese civ, (TC bonus gone), the Asians (wonders gone) etc. 
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>

JoeRoss12
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 pm

Okay, thanks for the explanatory replies. But just curious, will imperial start ever be implemented or is it not possible according to " Circle of Ossus"?

QueenOfYays
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Americans

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Guess that this will be like AoM, where the the game can only be started on the first age.

Circle of Ossus
Dragoon
Dragoon
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:07 pm

I told you it is possible (for some civs this will give balance issues). It is only so boring and unnecessary for most players that it is probably getting post-phoned all the time. And the more you post-phone, the greater the work will be...
I must admit, it is not difficult to code it. If you want to contribute  ;) . I've got my own mods (not aoe3 related) to sustain
<a href="viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612" class="postlink" >Swiss UA Proposal</a>