This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Ramtha
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Paraguayans
Steam: Ramtha

Random ideas

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 am

Hi everyone, today I want to share some units/buildings/ideas suggestions to be incorpored in a new/old civ rooster, card or what ever you want:

Medic volunteer: As member of red cross this unit dont have attack and can not be killed by enemy units (NEUTRAL), this unit can serve in your side but  have the same behavior of heradable animal, if you leave him alone he can be used by enemy forces. I suggest this unit only for european nations or future swiss. This unit does not repleace the surgeon.

Hospital covered wagon: This works as normal campaing hospital but this is a mobile hospital, I suggest this unit for egiptians or future swiss project. (I just copy this idea from spanish forum).

Poissoned arrows: The native archers of XXXXXXXXXXXX civilization can slow down enemy units or inflict prolonged damage. I belive this can be perfect for tupi civilization.

Making Egipt Great Again: The caravan barrack of age 2 can train units when it moves, also the caravan have a botton of autogarrison of military units.
Last edited by Ramtha on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HrdsHrdrck
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Re: Random ideas

Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:23 am

woah, the idea of the volunteer seems very well, I wish it had occurred to me.

take the opportunity to put some random ideas:

1.-construction free: like the Egyptians of Aom, the buildings are free or very cheap but they take a long time to build

2.-Heroes: again as in aom, that certain units can be converted into stronger counterparts and / or gain special features like counters or resistance.

although already implemented with the Zulus and its impis could be more generalized for a civilization or culture

3.- that the improvements of the units are determined by the politician or any other decision to age-up
for example: if you choose to "x" politic you can improve your lancers to veteran but if you choose y politic you can improve your archers, or even with technologies.

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

although already implemented with the Zulus and its impis could be more generalized for a civilization or culture
Then it couldn't. What is so hard to understand the concept of civilization uniqueness?

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Because when you think of the Zulus, you don't think, "Oh, that's the civilization that can transform one of its units into a much stronger counterpart." And when you think of Peru, you don't think, "Oh, that's the civilization with that one cavalry unit that can hunt." What I'm trying to say is that there are certain bonuses for specific, individual units that aren't really tied to any of the civilization's main bonuses, and therefore I don't think they should really be considered an element of the civilization's uniqueness and restricted to that one civilization.
Image Image Image Image Image

HrdsHrdrck
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:56 pm

septafolia is right.

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:08 pm

That's true. Only one unit can be upgraded to a special version anyway.

Ramtha
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Paraguayans
Steam: Ramtha

Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:26 am

Ok, today I want to make new suggestions, and are principally because I really hate the mechanics of gathering resources of late game, it doesnt matter if you are playing europeans, Anglophones, natives of north america/south america.... with counted exceptions as tupis and latinamerican, balkan, african cultures. The gathering system is the same (mills and plantations) so the suggestions are in general to arab civs (Arabian patch 2020).

underground mine: see this suggestion as building of new cultures, my idea is open so I will give you my different points of view about this (you also can share your point of view):

-You can built underground mines where you want, but the resource of coin is limited (as african lots) also you need to garrison your settlers to colect the resource, but the underground mine can be very insecure and have very low HP so if you lost the underground mine you also lost the settlers in the mine. (I belive this mine is great because you can avoid the raid with the garrison of settlers but if the enemy destroys the building you also lost your settlers, as we say here is a sword of double edge).

-The underground mines are buildings what only can built above depleted mines and the resource is infinite (as plantation). and works with similar mechanics  Im not sure if this is possible.

Waterhole: The waterhole is a building you will need to gather food, you need first to build the waterhole and then the nearby land will be aviable to use, I have 2 ideas for this:

- The waterhole has a big button: collect water, when you colect water nearby the waterhole lots (as african lots or something similar appears) and some trees appears.

-The Waterhole as building only improves the gather ratio of arab mills or lots.

Nomadic trade (Bedouin trade): The egiptians have access to collect gold from the caravan market and the ratio of collection increase when there are more units nearby (and maybe some techs), but now the caravan is limited and you only can have 1. I make many suggestions to egipt because I belive they need something more to feel as "nomadic civilization" dont confuse with ilogical buffs to Egipt, All egiptians caravans should have a limit of 1, 2 or 3 max.

Circle of Ossus
Blandengue
Blandengue
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:56 am

The underground mine can maybe be doable (a depleted mine spawns a sort of mud patch, where you need build the building near to) I think. Also the killing of villagers might work (if the building gets killed, it spawns a gaia object that can only attack villagers in a small range), though it might be a problem when you have extra villagers nearby. And I like the idea of the waterhole spawning trees (one of the reasons I like playing Europeans: infinite wood)
I think the team might be interested in your Egypt Nerf (due to massing market wagons to amass fellahs above the pop limit).