This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: WoL's Campaign

Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Pls no

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:01 pm

Why make up fictional characters when there are historical figures who travelled the world during our timeline?

Why make up a European conquest of the world when it was historically a thing during our timline?

HappyMooMoo
Roto
Roto

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:38 am

Hey guys.

I'm absolutely down to volunteer for the campaign with some voiceovers, map making, unit placement and text.
Can't really offer much of anything else unfortunately :(
But i have a friend/acquaintance who is good with triggers and he's into wol as well

What i think would be important to know for the campaign is how it will be done.

Compared to the vanilla campaign i think that if the WOL campaign drops cinematics (replace it with some brief historical context text or whatever), is more nation themed and a bit more linear it could work quite easily.

Personally, I'm interested in Balkan and Continental European campaigns from 1790-1918.

So like campaigns themed on Serbia (Serbian Uprising and etc), Greece (Greek Uprising and etc), Germany and so on.

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Nice! Go here for instructions on how to apply for the campaign team:

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=804

Just know that we don't plan on starting this project any time in the near future.

HHanzo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 am

Circle of Ossus wrote: Just revive the Black Family, and do like they they did in Steel, Fire and Shadow. Have a roaming member of the Black family who participates in historical wars/battles.
Oh, and for the bad guys, how about the Circle of Ossus?

Actually, it is a good idea, BUT we lack the people who can work well enough with the scenario editor. Even UnstoppableStreletsy, who has quite a lot of experience with it, has little experience in making cinematics. Also, compiling a good plot will also require a lot of work, as I'm sure everyone has its own opinion on how things should go.
A fictional campaign can be perfect, if you like historically correct ones you have other games, I wish a two stories united based Reform War Campaign with a half native and half spanish male hero that was a conservative and betrayed them after Maxiliam came (I loved the Indian Campaign in TAD) and  another based in the Civil War american campaign with a blondie caucasian/white cliche cowgirl female one that will be an Unionist and they will meet in Texas as the Act 3...I'm writing a script