This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The Fountain! This forum is for suggestions about WoL.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Septafolia
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Danish

Re: Dahomeans Idea

Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:43 am

I think I know ways to do both of those things, actually. Well, at least some of the TC stuff. Any of the stuff there you can do with auras.

Rampo
Parrot
Parrot
Steam: BG_Rampo

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:59 pm

HrdsHrdrck :
1:
  • War Prisoners: the way of the dahomean to obtain villagers is enslaving their defeated enemies. When your units kill enemies, they automatically turn them into african slaves. You have no other forms to get villagers so you'll have to fight to get gatherers.
-> i think this bonus here will be better if you also kill treasure guardian. also are you sure that War Prisoner will be spawned from TC when you kill your enemies and treasure guardians?
2:
  • Nyekplohento: Amazon. Infantry armed with a cutlass, have a powerful damage, stun nearby enemies and have the divine strike ability.
-> the stunning enemies ability used automatically or passive or manual trigger?
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:32 pm

No silly rampo, there is one other straightforward way of doing the war captive bonus.

HrdsHrdrck
Topic Author
Naffatun
Naffatun
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:44 am

Rampo:
1.- yeah, the bonus is thinking to work killing trasure guardians, in fact even i have the gohento that have a bonus cs treasure guardians.
2.- Pasive, I clarify, it only slows them and weakens them, it does not completely paralyze them.

ok, the civ currently would be too weak. i thought in some bonuses to help the economy of the dahomeans.
  • Sacrifices: you can sacrifice your own villagers to make you units more powerful for a short time (i can justify this because making your troops stronger will make them kill more enemies and thus you will get even more villagers)
  • Great Traders: you shipments has stronger “secondary” benefits than the others african civilization, for example the french ambassador gives 1 crates of gold, coin and food (300 resources in total) or the XXXX ambassador gives 2-3 war captives.
  • Doors of no return: each xx minutes, you has access to a ability that gives x crates of resources with the cost to decrease you collection of resources for some seconds/minutes
what of this is better/more interesant?
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:27 am

Well, the middle one I believe is the only one I see that's not really a downside. It's a tad lame tho, so I'll wait for a third opinion.

HrdsHrdrck
Topic Author
Naffatun
Naffatun

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:49 am

yes, the second one is the more lazy and lame, but would be a simple solution.

I clarify the third one, it is not that every x minutes they automatically gives crates and reduce your collection speed, rather every x minutes the ability is unlocked giving you the option to choose.

the objetive is that those crates would help you when you haven't economy because that would be quick resources and the low recollection would not affect you so much if don't have villagers anyway and would are counterproductive when you have much villagers because you will lose in production more than the crates gives you.

one last question. Thinking about the late game, after the time passes the civilization will surpass 100 villagers and continue to increase what would also be counterproductive, is it possible to establish a limit of villagers in which the ability be disabled?

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Nah, I mean, if you really are overwhelmed by villagers, nothing will stop you from manually deleting them. But I very much doubt that'll ever happen.

HrdsHrdrck
Topic Author
Naffatun
Naffatun

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:22 pm

It isn't just that the villagers are counterproductive, it can also be a cheese, in a late team game your economy could be op no?.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Nah. Having extra villagers ain't really the most stupid thing you can do late game in this mod.

HrdsHrdrck
Topic Author
Naffatun
Naffatun

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Well, if you haven't done anything about the spam of fellahs in the late game this will not be a problem either.