This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Re: WoL Strategies: Help us build the new AI!

Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:11 pm

AlistairJah wrote: Alright ! That's the first build order we got here. It'd be interesting to implement build orders for each civs (although long task). Also, thanks for the list of stuff AI shouldn't do. The wall stuff cannot be fixed unless each units are micromanaged one by one, which would be CPU heavy.

Yeah I thought there would be certain limitations. But some things are do able. The AI would be better if it simply changed its resource allocations and spent resources on useful units whilst upgrading them. Its kinda sad that you can fight an imperial age opponent who has age 2 trash units. I have some more build orders that I can get around too at some point.
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

AlistairJah
Topic Author
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:29 pm

Sure that will improve them. Fortunately the Mill/Farm bug has been fixed. Now they gather less wood and focus more on Mill/Farms and Plantations. I'm gonna experiment something with Balkan crops, hopefully they will be able to get food too. Gatherer allocation is no longer a problem.
About the army... I've never tried changing unit selections according to Age. I think now is the time to try and see!
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

carlosbarano
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Maltese

Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:19 pm

I got a question: can the AoM AI engines or personalities be copied to Age3 language?

I wonder how does WoL AI work differently to AoM, which are the differences?

Here it mentions AoM personalities http://ageofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Arti ... telligence
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

AlistairJah
Topic Author
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: French

Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Honestly I've never played aom, but based on what most people say, aom ai is better than aoe3 ai. I already have explored the aom ai scripts though, because both aom and aoe3 ais use the same language (XS), and from a purely technical point of view, stuff from aom can be copied to aoe3. About the personality, I will progressively abandon personalities and make ais less predictable - except when they do specific build order.
(fr) Regarde à travers et vois le cygne et ce qui vit au-delà de l'au-delà.

XavierXante
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:26 am

CelticCrusader wrote: Here is one simple Canada build order that I have used to decent success. This a colonial rush so the build ends there but I will add note for fortress and Industrial with regards to age up parties and units. Games in 1vs1 rarely go imperial, unless your a treaty scrub :)

The Fast Age Up Colonial Rush 

Discovery Age
  • At the start, send your 3 Fur traders straight to food, all your pilgrims go to crates then to chop wood. 
  • Queue Pilgrims and send them all to wood. 
  • Scout with Dog explorer, prioritise small level 1 treasures that you can take. 
  • Build 1 Log Cabin. 
  • Ship 300 Wood first. 
  • When you have 800 wood Age up to Colonial with Jeffery Amherst. This is for the 400 wood that he grants. 
Transition to National Age 
  • During transition to age 2, send 2Pilgrims forward, and build an outpost next to some resources and in an aggressive position close to your enemy. 
  • Split your pilgrims now, put 3 on coin, 3 on food the rest on wood.
  •  Send your 3 Fur Traders to pick up any decent treasures, then to herd your next hunts. 
  • Also build a market, and research the first wood, food and coin upgrades in that order. 
  • Once your outpost is built, also build some log cabins in base with any spare wood. 
National Age 
  • When you age up, collect your 400 wood crates. 
  • Build 2 barracks at your forward base. 
  • Send 700 wood . Use this to build more Log Cabins in your base.  
  • Once you have at least 100 population in Log Cabins switch some Pilgrims from wood to food. 
  • Send all new Pilgrims to coin initially. 
  • Also try to get the next level food ,wood and coin upgrades in the market. 
  • Once the barracks are built, queue 5 Spontooners. Follow this up With batches of Militia
  • Second and third colonial shipments are 8 Militia and 8 Spontooners for aggression. This is an aggressive early pressure. 
  • Continue to train Spontooners or Militia until you can afford to add Foot Guards in. 
  • Keep aggression on your opponent, prioritise Military units and villagers first. Then houses and military buildings. 
  • 4th Shipment is 600 wood . Add more log cabins until maxed out. 
  • You may wan't to start macroing for an age up if you haven't took out you opponent in late colonial. For an age up also use the 700/600 coin shipments here. 
Capital Age
  • If you go to fortress age, then I would Chose Austin Cuvillier. 
  • Add some Light Cavalry, Riflemen and Metis Rebels to your army. 
  • Ship 2 Napoleons . These can be used to finish your opponent off. 
  • Follow up with some military unit shipments like the unique units. 
  • You could also add Whitworths.
Industrial Age 
  • I usually age with Lord Molson . Gives you mounties, which are better than Missisauga Horses in my opinion. 
  • Train Mounties. 
  • Train Naploeons. 
Can you post a good Italy strategy/Build order?
Thanks.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:57 pm

Well once I get my WoL fixed I will try to add more builds, but right now WoL stutters a lot which makes it unplayable for me. This build is one I remember, but has changed a bit, since Canada got nerfed :(  They used to have TEAM 1.25 food trickle and better log cabins that trickles 0.8 wood per second. (now 0.2 I think)
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS