Very bad for the AI indeed...
As long as we talk about bad stuff for AI, do you know things the AI should avoid?
Bad things the AI does that it shouldn't.
1. Build mills in early game.
2. Gathers far too much wood most of the time. Would be better if they were more likely to ship wood than chop it.
3. Builds native trade posts a lot , when they are not optimal 95% of the time in early game. Would be better if they prioritised trade posts for xp early game.
4. Never upgrades units and uses inferior unit compositions. i.e age 4 but still training un upgraded pikes and xbow.
5. Ships awful cards and have awful decks.
6. Some of the AIs are pretty predictable, following the same strategy 90% of the time i.e Queen Isabella's Maya holcan rush lol Or the Dutch cannon spamming .
7. For some reason some of the AIs really don't play to their strengths i.e Passive Ottoman ai when really ottoman should be more aggressive.
8. Wasting tons of resources in age 1/2 building tons of outposts instead of units.
9. Attacking random segments of walls instead of engaging the enemy.
Well thats just what I can think of right now, there is probably more.