This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

AlistairJah
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: French

Re: WoL Strategies: Help us build the new AI!

Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:54 pm

HrdsHrdrck wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:39 pm
ranged cavalry should switch to melee combat against artillery.
Hoop Thrower wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:04 pm
When we tried the ranged cavalry just kept retreating to fight from range. Which is cool in its own way.
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery

daMarshal
Pistolero
Pistolero
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm

So, I have a few suggestions/questions to help with the ai.
1. Is there someway that the Anglos can have a better chance of randomly choosing a party. When I've been playing against them lately, the only parties they chose are CSA, Maori/Aborigines and Quebec. It would be nice to see them choose something else once and a while.
2. Will the new faction ai's have a new voice, and not Frederick's?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

AlistairJah
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:57 pm

daMarshal wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm
So, I have a few suggestions/questions to help with the ai.
1. Is there someway that the Anglos can have a better chance of randomly choosing a party. When I've been playing against them lately, the only parties they chose are CSA, Maori/Aborigines and Quebec. It would be nice to see them choose something else once and a while.
2. Will the new faction ai's have a new voice, and not Frederick's?
1. Yes, this has been coded already.
2. Unless someone records new voices for us, this won't be possible.

daMarshal
Pistolero
Pistolero
Favorite Civilization: British
Steam: brfvod

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

I think, and please correct me if I'm wrong, it could be possible to maybe give the Egyptians Suleiman's, Ethiopia perhaps Akbar's/Babur Shahs, the Zulu perhaps the Iroquois, as for the Balkans, maybe a combination of either Ivan the Terrible or Frederick's?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

AlistairJah
Topic Author
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:26 pm

Ah, you meant that. Yes, of course it's possible. However I will let the Team Members decide about that. It's purely esthetic anyways

SPAAAAH!
Roto
Roto
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 pm

Here I have some Suggestions I collected from allot of games with the AI, this mod is just fantastic and I would like seeing it Trive.
=While playing on hard I noticed that Some civilizations don't get past the Second ages, especially balkan civs and the japanese, which I don't know what happened to the japanese but they're the first to die in all the games I played while China and India are tough all around.

=This one seems to most unlikable but it is possible for Egyptian ai to migrate around the map for resources like gold and huntables (sometimes wood if it's scarce) at an interval of around 20 minutes.

=A problem which I don't think can be fixed is that the Ai is very determined to get a resource, even if they have to run trough the colony of an enemy.

=Ai never uses Culverins, or other anti-cannon cannons, which would really help them against Civs like Balkans that are not romania and Hasburgs, which have really heavy cannons that can crush the heavy cannons that the ai usually spams.

=I don't know how but in one game an Ai had petards, which make me think, what if they used these on important building like Forts, TC or economic buildings, it may inspire people to use them more.

=I want AI to understand religion so that we can have priest condemn wars.

=Making the balkans using both Geese and croops( not to much of them because the ai itself is laggy enough, the croops also lag the game in large numbers on my PCtato)
How can I change my name ._. ?

Pikilic
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest
Favorite Civilization: Ethiopians
ESO: Pikilic

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:02 pm

I've (rarely) seen AI have culverins, the point is your army will never be 100% cannon and the AI is not smart enough to focus your cannons with its culvs
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said