This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Rampo
Huampelen
Huampelen

Re: serbian fire, why so far from TC?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 am

I think you should use Serbian building fire like an infinite tech that spawn fire rather than training serbian building fire (as I detected)
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Mandalore_Vlad
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Germans
ESO: Mandalore_Vlad

Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:05 pm

Rampo wrote: I think you should use Serbian building fire like an infinite tech that spawn fire rather than training serbian building fire (as I detected)
would be OP and counterproductive
Mas vale un vivo que un muerto...Morir por los tuyos es un gran sacrificio pero vivir por ellos es un sacrificio aun mayor

Capitán
Roto
Roto

Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:06 am

If you cant defend your base of the serbian fire, you are playing very bad
Come on, you cant make turtle with serbian enemys, is simple, serbia has bad economy
You only need attack him

WickedCossack
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Capitán wrote: If you cant defend your base of the serbian fire, you are playing very bad
Come on,  you cant make turtle with serbian enemys, is simple, serbia has bad economy
You only need attack him

For good serbian eco get a market in transition and research the upgrade that unlocks tier 2 ups since it comes with a huge xp boost. Ship 5 vil 4 vil, or 5 vil 700w 4 vil for example.

I've been playing a lot of the civ lately and it's really competitive.

Septafolia
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Indians

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Love your videos, WickedCossack. It's great to see competitive players playing this game, let alone this mod.
Image Image Image Image Image

WickedCossack
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:59 pm

Septafolia wrote: Love your videos, WickedCossack. It's great to see competitive players playing this game, let alone this mod.

Glad you are enjoying them. I wouldn't have uploaded them myself since the stream seems to cut out and also loses quality on upload but they asked so why not. All the videos are from a few streams I did a couple months back, I should probably try and stream again sometime soon since I'm surprised there are still games to upload!

If I do stream again I'll do some serbian games since I've got some experience with them now and hopefully some other civs I didn't do before.

Pierre Jean
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Turks

Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 am

I tried this strat several times against several friends on LAN, they too against me and against each other. Risky enough and needs some "chances" to be achieved. Too much dangerous on large maps IMO and ruins economy if not handled well - hilarious enough to say that, but the idea was really to focus on this strat to see. To sum up, your opponent just had the chance by his side. Let's publish this strat in "large scale" to see if people find it dangerous (and boring).
You are not responsible for the head you have but you are responsible for the mouth you make.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm

This strategy is not aimed for colonial age, but later. Industrial is too late. I don't remember the age3, but is the good one for doing it, send army to attack (Serbian army last enough), and citicens to build houses on another point, 6 villagers will be enough to survive and build 2 houses. Enemy's economy will be severly damaged now that more wood is need to replace buildings, villager that were gathering resources are now extinguishing fires so your gather rate drops, perhaps some die or get very hurt, so at the 3 third time you do this, the enemy won't hold on. It is very simple. By the third or fourth time, the enemy's economy is just too stretched and cannot hold making new units, extinguishing, gathering, and building at the same time. It is a win by economy exhaustion by an offense by fire. 
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Mandalore_Vlad
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Germans
ESO: Mandalore_Vlad

Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 pm

It is not for nothing but it is more viable to make this grace in colonial than in later, limits in growth of your enemy if you do it well
Mas vale un vivo que un muerto...Morir por los tuyos es un gran sacrificio pero vivir por ellos es un sacrificio aun mayor

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Bacamartier
Bacamartier

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:41 pm

See this example of Serbian fire used as an offensive tool: http://www.mediafire.com/view/cciwhucp4 ... een389.jpg

Of course it could be used as soon as colonial (national age) (while I think is way more viable in Capital age). Anyway, I had to made a base on another spot very far from the fire.

P.S.: It is the longest match I have played in my life, just see the time, Serbia was hard to kill. And I won because Chinese ran out of food and wood (I secretly plagued their farms many times MUAH HAHA). He couldn't replace his barracks and mills, also wasted all wood in native post military, I'm proud of this match :3. Serbia has incredible hard, attacking since age 3.  http://www.mediafire.com/view/paz3iq0e7 ... een391.jpg
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)