This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista
Favorite Civilization: Maltese

habsburgs villagers

Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Can they be killed in a rush? I have tried many times online, and all my rushes fail because their villagers are TOO strong. Does anyone else thinks the Tross are op strong too? I am talking in second age, so please do not answer use spies.
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

HrdsHrdrck
Blandengue
Blandengue

Re: habsburgs villagers

Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:11 pm

their military units are very expensive and occupy twice of population.

They need help or they would always be defeated in early game

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Tross are a bit tougher, and I imagine the French princess is the most popular first age politician: she basically gives the Austrians French villagers. Besides, I think some civs can send spies from the second age- in fact, the Italians have a card which turns architects into mafiosi in the second age, and I always remember the Spanish AI sending spies in their first attacks. 

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:45 pm

Spies don't work against Tross, Tross counter spies. They aren't naturally more strong otherwise, so you rush 'em as normal.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:52 am

Dr Roach wrote: Tross are a bit tougher, and I imagine the French princess is the most popular first age politician: she basically gives the Austrians French villagers. Besides, I think some civs can send spies from the second age- in fact, the Italians have a card which turns architects into mafiosi in the second age, and I always remember the Spanish AI sending spies in their first attacks. 
Be careful, Dr Roach, using the french princess "Mademoiselle de Bourbon" may make Tross costlier (from 100 to 120 food). For italians, the Italians have a card which turns architects into mafiosi in the second age, if you use it carelessly, no villager gathering, while, out of population available slot, what you can do???
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Hm? Sure, it makes them costlier, but twenty extra food hardly matters when your going to have 25% more food on average anyway. Anyway, it turns architects into mafiosi, which do no resource gathering and I find don't work that much- ten architects is way more than you would ever need.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:12 pm

this went off topic: so can habsburgs be rushed? i think they are overprotected. they are a late game civ, but are strong right from start. making their villagers weaker can be useful to kill them early. i repeat they must be good only in late
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Independentista
Independentista

Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:12 am

i am sorry, i just discovered that mapuche have an excellent anti mercenary cav, so whenever i see habsburgs i will chooose mapuche, i am very sorry, please close the thread :) even tough they still have very tough tross. 

ShinkuroYukinari
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:33 pm

Dr Roach wrote: Tross are a bit tougher, and I imagine the French princess is the most popular first age politician: she basically gives the Austrians French villagers. Besides, I think some civs can send spies from the second age- in fact, the Italians have a card which turns architects into mafiosi in the second age, and I always remember the Spanish AI sending spies in their first attacks. 
I'd disagree on the Princess one. I mainly see the Portugese princess for age 2. No surprise, given how powerful another TC is