This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Re: Wars of liberty - some balance issues

Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:13 pm

honestly I wouldn't care, as I can create another account to tro...errr...post in this forum.
Ixnay on the upidstay, man.

XavierXante
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:32 am

Dr Roach wrote:
honestly I wouldn't care, as I can create another account to tro...errr...post in this forum.
Ixnay on the upidstay, man.
That was just a joke man!

Felix88
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:26 am

Hi everybody, Just a question for the most experimented players in WOL. Don't you think guys japan is too OP, I mean 3 kiheis at 3:25-3:30 minutes is a pain to deal with. they can raid too efficiently and kill every villager they find. I also must say I got the two point of views as I have played as a japanese vs (brits, amsterdam,habs) and viceversa, So it is not just my imagination. And if the other civ wants to strike back it is not effective because the berry japan always had they are really well protected. I want to go further and suggest that golden pavilion must be retired from the pass to colonial, so they can't have 3 kihei, which as I have said is too OP (at 3:30 there is no civ with army, even most of the civ can hit colonial until 4:00).

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:01 am

The unit has the same stats from the Yumi from TAD lolwtf.

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:12 am

Inca and Canadians can hit colonial even faster than that.

XavierXante
Topic Author
Master Engineer
Master Engineer
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Felix88 wrote: Hi everybody, Just a question for the most experimented players in WOL. Don't you think guys japan is too OP, I mean 3 kiheis at 3:25-3:30 minutes is a pain to deal with. they can raid too efficiently and kill every villager they find. I also must say I got the two point of views as I have played as a japanese vs (brits, amsterdam,habs) and viceversa, So it is not just my imagination. And if the other civ wants to strike back it is not effective because the berry japan always had they are really well protected. I want to go further and suggest that golden pavilion must be retired from the pass to colonial, so they can't have 3 kihei, which as I have said is too OP (at 3:30 there is no civ with army, even most of the civ can hit colonial until 4:00).
But kihei (yumi) have only 1.5x multlipliers vs Heavy Infantry. Don't they? And there is no counter infantry rifling for Japanese, even if you send arsenal wagon from consulate.(as far as I know). 

A Japanese player cannot hunt. But hunting (0.84/s) is faster than gathering (0.67/s) from berry bushes. So Japanese are at disadvantage during first 6 min. If you see him building golden pavillion, then mostly he is trying for yumi...err...kihei rush. So you can counter them with hussars. In the end it all boils down to micro and strategy.