This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Ore wa Shirohige da!
Topic Author
Architect
Architect
Favorite Civilization: Italians

Re: Hasburgs troops

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:52 pm

I still think they're little too strong, even considering all these factors, but it seems like I'm the only one who "complained" about this, so maybe they're not that much stong.

Dr Roach
Independentista
Independentista

Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:54 pm

One word: Spies.

ALL of the Hasburgs troops are mercenaries. Sure, spies are way more expensive now, but it's a pretty big Achilles heel. Also, from my experience Hasburg troops are too expensive, and cost too much pop- despite the fact that they're super strong, I never seem to have enough of them.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:50 pm

during the last stream Cossack roflstomped the Habsburg player with the weakest civs in the mod, so it's fine.

Circle of Ossus
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:37 am

From my plays with the Habsburgs, I found them even difficult to push with late game (and early game their army is a bit too expensive). Also, their cannons are maybe strong, but you cannot easily meatshield them from cavalry attacks.

Dr Roach
Independentista
Independentista

Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 pm

weakest civs in the mod
Which ones are these?

ANCANEITOR
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Egyptians

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:45 am

Gotta guess Romania
"Cuanto de mejor natural es un carácter, peor es el resultado de su corrupción" -Platón
"The better nature a character has, the worse the result of it`s corruption." -Plato

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:20 am

HrdsHrdrck wrote: 1.- population
2.- cost (and your economic capacity to cover these)
3.- versatility
4.- how can it be countered

I do not say that they are more important than the stats, but all that matters
HrdsHrdrck ,
1.- population: try to mix your troops with native alliance, if in enlightenment age, prepare to up to national age  you chose, Princesa de Asturias\n♦ Spanish ♦ , mix with Rottweiler dogs....
2.- cost (and your economic capacity to cover these): mix with some HC Card about economic upgrade, or reach economic upgrade tech in some econimic building, like market, mill, plantation, ... to make your villager gather all resources faster. I also detected that Habsburgs has 2 HC cards for factory, use these 2 of this, and choose 1 of 3 resources in this building to make it trickle resources (there's a tactic that can auto train mighty Li'l bombard too)
3.- versatility: you can make a powerful Habsburgs in your game if you have better skilled
4.- how can it be countered: the only answer is skilled and swift strategy
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

HrdsHrdrck
Lassador
Lassador

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:51 am

Okay, its fine,  but I think you did not understand, I was talking about how to tell if a unit is broken or not.

Mentioned that it is necessary to take into account the stats, the cost of population, resources, the capacity to generate those resources, accessibility, versatility and how to counter that unit.

Anyway, it's okay

MrMushasii
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:13 pm

So are we only suppose to report balance issues here for Multiplayer where people in different skill levels play eachother?

Would that mean I can report every civ as unbalanced, because I always lose? (never played multiplayer yet but I'd guaranteed lose everything :P)

Rampo
Independentista
Independentista

Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:44 pm

MrMushasii wrote: So are we only suppose to report balance issues here for Multiplayer where people in different skill levels play eachother?

Would that mean I can report every civ as unbalanced, because I always lose? (never played multiplayer yet but I'd guaranteed lose everything :P)
You always lose, that isn't mean the problem is unbalanced civ, I think you haven't swifted and skilled strategy enough, MrMushasii .You know that every civ has bonuses and weaknesses, depend on these that you need to choose the appropriate tactics
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo