This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

alexander.rommel-mascia
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

About Sebastopol cannons

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:53 pm

I got to say i tried every civ in the mod in just a couple of days, i ate this mod like a long waited book and i am greatly impressed, this mod deseves a huge crowd and perhaps be integrated in a possible remaster like Forgotten Empired mod did in AoE2 HD
My usual tactic is to play defensive until i upgraded everything possible for militar and economy then unleash my army of overpowered troops at the enemy
This strategy was the best solution for two of them: American and Ethiopian
America is pretty much amazing, all around well done, but Ethiopians are those who impressed me most not only because of their perks but because of one thing. SEBASTOPOL.
Yes, the enormous cannon. Bringing memories of old vanilla matches with Ottoman bombards and their impact. But guys, these things are incredible. Once you fully upgrade them, they have:
More than 1000HP
1000 BASE attack, x3 against buildings
58 range. FIFTY EIGHT
Enough line of sight to see and smash to crumbs whatever walks with another banner than yours before they even notice you. all of this with 8 population each, +1 compared to a normal heavy artillery.

Whoever makes a little army of these is pretty much invincible i think, but what i also was wondering: since this is a RUSSIAN artillery, why doesnt Russians have it as well ?

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: About Sebastopol cannons

Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:10 am

Well, it's a cannon Russia donated to Ethiopia, so Ethiopia gets it, not Russia.

Dr Roach
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Still, a 4th age card *wouldn't* hurt, would it?

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:51 am

The Russians can send the Tsar Cannon at Age IV through a card available at HC level 40, so there's absolutely no need to give them another artillery unit.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:35 am

About Tsar Cannon. i have a simple question of this unit: Is this unit available in Russia HC only??
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo

Takatmo Yereoc
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Yes, the Tsar Cannon is only available through a HC level 40 card in the Russian Military Academy.

Rampo
Dragoon
Dragoon

Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:37 am

Takatmo Yereoc wrote: Yes, the Tsar Cannon is only available through a HC level 40 card in the Russian Military Academy.
I think you're right, Takatmo Yereoc .... and thanks to new patch, now i no longer confused the HC card of tsar cannon, which sent 1 tsar cannon and a HC card same name but send 2 heavy cannons anymore (before new patch released, i detect 2 HC card in Russia same name "Tsar Cannon", but 1 HC card send 2 heavy cannons, and other one send 1 tsar cannon)
ESP: Sin amor, el mundo se hundirá en la guerra
POR: Sem amor, o mundo afundará na guerra
ENG: Without love, the world will sink in war

BG Rampo