This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Landsknecht
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

How To Tell If My Mod is Fully Updated

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:10 pm

Hello everyone,

I've played this mod years ago and have recently picked it up again (fresh install on a new computer). I encountered a problem when using the mod's updater after installing the mod so I updated my game manually using the 3 update files in the download page. Does this mean my game is fully up to date? When I play as Greece my buildings don't turn into ruins when destroyed by the enemy (which they should, according to the civilizations page on the WOL website) and I'm missing all the new unique units for the Chinese (Boxer, Tigerman, Baturu, Yung etc.). i've also never managed to encounter the Moon map whenever I play "All Maps".

Is my game not up to date or are those features (Greek buildings turning into ruins when destroyed, new unique Chinese units) simply not yet implemented? Great work on the mod, by the way. My favourite nation all those years ago (when the mod was still War of The Triple Alliance) as Paraguay, now it's a tie between Greece and Egypt.

Fenriz
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Uzbeks
Steam: fenrizsomethinggame

Re: How To Tell If My Mod is Fully Updated

Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Landsknecht wrote: Hello everyone,

I've played this mod years ago and have recently picked it up again (fresh install on a new computer). I encountered a problem when using the mod's updater after installing the mod so I updated my game manually using the 3 update files in the download page. Does this mean my game is fully up to date? When I play as Greece my buildings don't turn into ruins when destroyed by the enemy (which they should, according to the civilizations page on the WOL website) and I'm missing all the new unique units for the Chinese (Boxer, Tigerman, Baturu, Yung etc.). i've also never managed to encounter the Moon map whenever I play "All Maps".

Is my game not up to date or are those features (Greek buildings turning into ruins when destroyed, new unique Chinese units) simply not yet implemented? Great work on the mod, by the way. My favourite nation all those years ago (when the mod was still War of The Triple Alliance) as Paraguay, now it's a tie between Greece and Egypt.
Hello and welcome!, the Greeks should be run correctlly please check if you have the last patch (1.0.8) launching the updater. About the Chinese, the new roster isn't available, will be for 1.0.9 patch.
"Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean." Image

Landsknecht
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Fenriz wrote:Hello and welcome!, the Greeks should be run correctlly please check if you have the last patch (1.0.8) launching the updater. About the Chinese, the new roster isn't available, will be for 1.0.9 patch.
Actually, I just realised that I never ran the postupdate.bat files after tossing the 1.07 and 1.08 files into my WOL folder (to my understanding, 1.06 has no postupdate file). Maybe that's the problem! While I redo the patches, I'd like to ask: is there any way to play the random maps (The Moon etc.) without having to wait till you finally load the right map by repeatedly playing on All Maps?

Dr Roach
Gaucho
Gaucho

Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:50 am

Uh, I'm pretty sure they aren't accessible at all/really buggy. Alot of the maps which are accessible are really buggy. Even if they were accessible by praying to the Random Number God, I'm fairly they would be filled with more bugs than an entomologist's laboratory.

someone else has my avatar. I'm not special anymore....