This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Incas on Indochina

Sun May 21, 2017 10:21 pm

All the new civilizations get a Saloon on the Indochina map, allowing them to train mercenaries. This means that if you play as Inca, you can actually use all that gold they have lying around for something other than Huamincas and hand mortars, and spam mercenaries like there's no tomorrow.

Pepp
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Struggle of Indonesia Team
Favorite Civilization: Indonesians

Re: Incas on Indochina

Mon May 22, 2017 1:12 am

Isn't it the same condition as Dutch and their banks?

Alucard
Voluntário da Pátria
Voluntário da Pátria
Favorite Civilization: Swedes
ESO: CaChaCo

Tue May 23, 2017 5:48 pm

I think isnt because u take less time with incas .....i' ve never thougt that before but incas will be so good in that map
Sorry for my terrible english , but i notice that english forum is more active and interesting

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Tue May 23, 2017 6:03 pm

I actually never thought about this. They would be a nice addition to the outdated inca army. But its all dependant on which mercenaries you get as some mercs are quite bad and very pop heavy . I think it would be better to do this with Inca than Dutch. With Dutch you have to invest a lot of resources just to get banks up and by then Inca will have a good coin economy. 
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

Dr Roach
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 pm

The thing is is that the Inca have a crapload of coin and nothing to use it for but to buy wood and food. If you get fusilers on that map, you could use all your gold for fusilers and just train their coyote-warrior knockoff (can't remember its name for the life of me).

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Sun May 28, 2017 4:29 pm

Dr Roach wrote: The thing is is that the Inca have a crapload of coin and nothing to use it for but to buy wood and food. If you get fusilers on that map, you could use all your gold for fusilers and just train their coyote-warrior knockoff (can't remember its name for the life of me).
Well Fusiliers are cool, but very pop inefficient, although they are nice for raiding with their speed.  I would rather hope to land with something like mamelukes, manchu, jaegers or highlanders. 
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS