This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

rahadian.ramadhan
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: Habsburgs

How often do you use the hospital?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:56 am

The title already covers the question i'm about to ask.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Re: How often do you use the hospital?

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Not often. The techs in their seems not worth sending a shipment for. And the hospital wagon is an age 4 card, there are plenty more important and better shipments to put in age 4, like factories, unit upgrades etc. 
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

rahadian.ramadhan
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for the answer. I often use them since their techs for plantation and farms are quite useful but you're right in higher meta many players will be gunning to raid you in capital instead of industrial so i can see why it's not advisable in high level plays.

Circle of Ossus
Carabinier
Carabinier
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:14 pm

I almost always use them. The extra pop can be really useful. Note that while I do play on expert difficulty, I 've never played against a human player that didn't boom (read: twice played against the same friend). Even if I do play more wol online, I would send it just because I like more 3 VS 3. In those games, people usually try to boom (based on 4 or 5 vanilla mulit games), so the hospital becomes helpful.  I admit that the hospital is not worth in duels or similar smal games.
Also, the hospital is annoying in the Serbian deck, since their best techs are in II and III, but somehow the hospital is also II.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 pm

rahadian.ramadhan wrote: Thanks for the answer. I often use them since their techs for plantation and farms are quite useful but you're right in higher meta many players will be gunning to raid you in capital instead of industrial so i can see why it's not advisable in high level plays.

I think you are mistaking the hospital for the capitol, which is understandable because the hospital uses the model of the capitol . The hospital has no techs for plantations and farms, it has the ability to train surgeons , and a few techs , which are not great.One is -10% villager train time, one for surgeons hp i think and one that lets you gather from herdables 50% faster.  The hospital is a total waste of a shipment to me, there are better age 1 and 2 cards to send to be honest. 

The capitol on the other hand is great, I always build as soon as possible in age 5(if the game goes that far), it has 3 really great economic techs , one for mills/farms, one for plantations, and one for wood cutting. They are very expensive at 2 k resource each but  you probably have the resources spare at that time any way. If I go age 5 I will make sure to build one, research the food, wood and gold techs. There are some other powerful techs in there for a hefty price, but the capitol is always worth building in age 5. 
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

rahadian.ramadhan
Topic Author
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:37 pm

CelticCrusader wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 pm

I think you are mistaking the hospital for the capitol, which is understandable because the hospital uses the model of the capitol . The hospital has no techs for plantations and farms, it has the ability to train surgeons , and a few techs , which are not great.One is -10% villager train time, one for surgeons hp i think and one that lets you gather from herdables 50% faster.  The hospital is a total waste of a shipment to me, there are better age 1 and 2 cards to send to be honest. 

The capitol on the other hand is great, I always build as soon as possible in age 5(if the game goes that far), it has 3 really great economic techs , one for mills/farms, one for plantations, and one for wood cutting. They are very expensive at 2 k resource each but  you probably have the resources spare at that time any way. If I go age 5 I will make sure to build one, research the food, wood and gold techs. There are some other powerful techs in there for a hefty price, but the capitol is always worth building in age 5. 
Umm if you research those starting improvements at the hospital it will unlock a bunch of more advanced improvements my friend.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:40 pm

The hospital is a must to stand a chance against a enemy of a high hc level who will also use it. The HP bonuses to all units, the increase of pop space, increased gathering rates, and the faster trained villagers are quite useful yet surgeons on the other hand aren't important in most games unless you want to build forward bases.

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 pm

rahadian.ramadhan wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:

Umm if you research those starting improvements at the hospital it will unlock a bunch of more advanced improvements my friend.
Ah I just checked, never upgraded that many techs their before, but i mostly play 1vs1, it looks pretty good for the eco , especially for team games or free for all. Still if i had this in a 1vs1 deck I would rarely send it, most games dont last that long.