This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

MarceloCaitano
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Doubts future of WOL

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:06 pm

I saw on facebook that you intend to do a rework in the mod from scratch. will all civilizations go through this update? what will be the first culture to be reworked?

the time to fix this is now > paraguay with solano lopez was a closed dictatorship  and not an industrial superpower.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: Doubts future of WOL

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:00 am

It can perfectly be both.

MarceloCaitano
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:27 pm

Paraguay's super-industry mechanics would make more sense in the US. It would be nice to talk about the remakes. I hope you will create a discussion topic. for the opine community.

Jutlander
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Polish

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:53 pm

You're the only person who thinks that, so don't worry: it won't happen.

MarceloCaitano
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:03 pm

The fact that I am the first to make the suggestion does not mean being the only one who thinks so, Paraguay was a poor country dominated by a bloodthirsty dictator who killed his own family and put children with guns to fight ... is just plain stupid and incoherent. The Paraguay will be placed in the mod as an industrial super power.

the posts asking for community opinion is embellishment right? because you do not accept suggestion and do not respond to breadfruit from a right post.

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 pm

Dude, you just hate Paraguay, plain and simple.

We represent countries as the people from that country would like to be represented, not as the people who hate that country want to represent it.

MarceloCaitano
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:17 am

do i hate paraguay? I love Paraguay! you animal! I hate Solano Lopez, I'm in love with history, and what Solano Lopez did to Paraguay was too cruel!

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Remember that it wasn't Paraguay who killed them. The others did. And to even further abuse the Paraguayans, they took a lot of territory away.
The other leaders were caring even less than him for the Paraguayans.
I think the "industry" focus works well: your whole economy is a war economy, with armed citizens who cannot do both work and defence, or small industrial places where the last valuable things of the country are transformed into things that can sustain the army.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:05 pm

MarceloCaitano wrote: do i hate paraguay? I love Paraguay! you animal! I hate Solano Lopez, I'm in love with history, and what Solano Lopez did to Paraguay was too cruel!
Your name sounds brazilian and you reek of bias. Of course you're not coming from an objetive point of view.

MarceloCaitano
Topic Author
Jesuit Priest
Jesuit Priest

Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Circle of Ossus wrote: Remember that it wasn't Paraguay who killed them. The others did. And to even further abuse the Paraguayans, they took a lot of territory away.
The other leaders were caring even less than him for the Paraguayans.
I think the "industry" focus works well: your whole economy is a war economy, with armed citizens who cannot do both work and defence, or small industrial places where the last valuable things of the country are transformed into things that can sustain the army.
who started the war was Solano lopez in an extremely corvade attack against unprotected villages in brazil 
and many innocent people died in this war because he kept running away and putting untrained children to fight as he ran away.

you can make a much better fighting mechanic for the paraguay that makes more sense in the historical context than if the mod.