This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Mesez
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: Mesez
Steam: Mesezitor

Re: Best and worst nation

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:59 am

There is no "best" civ actually.
Every have civ good parts other civs dont have.

Mesez
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:08 am

My List.
Attachments
F60DE297-267B-487F-98C9-AB3031B319C5.jpeg

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:53 am

I know you are a good player, but some choices there are very weird/surprising.
- Tupi boom civ? Quod? Pomberos aren't that awesome, and train time is bad.
- Zulu boom civ? Uh. Yes, they can boom like crazy, but the later the game goes, the more you will suffer from the train micro. Ishikulu make up for a lot. It's a risky strat if you ask me.
- Mexico's position is a surprising one. Can you elaborate?
- Rush the Inca? They are designed to be an early to mid game civ. They will eventually suffer from having bad units.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Mesez
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Tupi have a Card which enables Longhouses to train villies its like 175 wood tc and if you are in a team game pombero blowgunner combo can save a day.Zulu boom is crazy so i added to list but as u said its a bit risky.
About Mexico, Mexico is so slow and defencive civ and the army is not so good free outlaws and etc still gives a bit army boost but if i wont play treaty i will not choose mexico.
Inca is a really insane Civ cause of gold trickle if in 10 mn u can get the 2 gold trickle upgrades from market which cost 950 food 950 wood i believe. You can beat any economy in the game and with that economy u can get 5 mancho 20 anti cav skirmishers i forgot the name and 10 mortar shipment.After the getting army it is pretty GG

Slipslopslap
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:03 am

DavidIbragimov wrote: Again, this is my tierlist and therefor my opinion through experience playing with those civs. I do agree with you that Korea is buggy, but a I still enjoy them.

For Belgium, they start off with outpost wagon, which can also be used for tradeposts. This is good because the more tradeposts you have, the weaker the opponents get. I like Belgium because of their constant supplying of Outposts, awesome TC cards, and those nice bicycles and elephants. 

If you want, post your version of best to worst tierlist, just for comparison.
Yeah I understand that its your opinion and I am not trying to cause any offence. Thank you for the elaboration on the Belgians, I see how they could be quite fun to play. I haven't played enough yet to post my own list. Once again, sorry if I caused any offence, thankyou for your list.