This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

The Haitian Civilzation

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:34 pm

So last hotfix the aura bonus for Haiti was removed entirely for really obvious reasons (106 ranged damage bacamarteers anyone?).
In practice, there should be some sort of civ bonus to compensate this to ensure the civilization remains as unique as it was in previous versions from other LA civs.
What should this bonus be might you ask? Well, this is why I created this topic. If someone has a good idea for a new civ bonus for Haiti to replace the old op one, make a suggestion here. Another reason why they need a new bonus is the nature of their homecity and roster. At least from what I've seen, the Haitian military is really inept in ways that make a significant difference overall. Most civs have at least a few cards that contributes to a on par military. All that haiti gets to upgrade really through the hc is pikemen, coronels, and a overall boost that happens to make units expensive in coin. Whens the last time you made a haiti mass of pikemen anyways with so many gunpowder and ranged units in this mod?

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: The Haitian Civilzation

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:18 am

The devs have found a different bonus that accomplishes the same goal.
(small request: can you give your opinion on the Peru thread I made?)
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

UnstoppableStreletsy
Topic Author
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans
ESO: UnStopStreletsy
Steam: UnstoppableStreletsy

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:21 pm

All I need is you to provide the link to the thread (can't seem to find it). If the team has already resolved this issue, than I suppose Haiti will once again be a reasonable civilization to use. The other day I saw a new player using Haiti in a 2v2 and saw how useless they were from a offensive and defensive standpoint using units like pickets and pikes.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:04 pm

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote: All I need is you to provide the link to the thread (can't seem to find it). If the team has already resolved this issue, than I suppose Haiti will once again be a reasonable civilization to use. The other day I saw a new player using Haiti in a 2v2 and saw how useless they were from a offensive and defensive standpoint using units like pickets and pikes.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2072
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612