This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Immigrant rework

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:36 am

MarceloNero wrote: friend if you are unable to answer a simple question and a simple suggestion even if it is bad, it is best to be silent
Then I will give you a clearer answer. Excuse me for the rather very rude answer I gave you, I had tried keeping myself silent, until you asked for a response:
- The team is always looking to increase balance.
- Guiseppe Garibaldi leading Italian troops for some random country is just weird, and it would be even weirder if opposing forces also have him. Plus it creates a slippery slope to include other war heroes/commanders (General Lee for the CSA?). There is absolutely no good design principle behind this, it's just introducing something that is cool but pointless.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

MarceloNero
Topic Author
Paisano
Paisano

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Thank you

AlistairJah
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Bulgarians

Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:23 am

Hey @MarceloNero ^^ sorry for this sort of welcoming, it's hard to gauge tones with written statements.

Never imply anything in any way. Ever. People are not the same. If you say "Can AI be made to build walls?", I'd take it as a question and I'll answer "Of course, there are functions for that". I'd not take it as a suggestion. That actually happened quite often ^^' :'D

In short, if you have a suggestion, go straight and say it.
"Hey I'd like to suggest you to make the AI defend more by building walls" for example. But usually the Team Members hate that form of suggestions because there have been way too many random suggestions (certain people are even threatening and/or insult) and lost patience since ages. "random" as in "doesn't make any sense". And there are already a lot of plans and solid projects that only wait to be completed. If you have suggestions, your suggestions have to be at least as solid as our plans and projects. You don't know them because we keep them secret but to get an idea of their quality, read other people's suggestions that have been accepted by the Team Members or at least taken into consideration. Search through the forum's posts.

Also, you will often encounter rude, sarcastic people in this cursed community. Just ignore them. The more you pick on them, the harder their rudeness will be. I hope you don't hate us too much yet ^^'
Have a nice day ^^
Mis band dondrna b at fa so gaga oe ts maay angle lery