This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

DavidIbragimov
Topic Author
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Haitians Mother Queens...

Wed May 01, 2019 11:06 pm

Tried this civ......Really nice. Love the fact that the sevites are immortal! Mother Queens are good but come at a very risky cost. Are able to spawn healers and convert enemy units, but are extremely weak and need constant defense. I just tried the Haitians and am not full experienced potential, but Can we get some buffs for the mother queens............Either in converting distance increase or some health buff....

(edit) Since they have the immortal ability, can we maybe get a slight CD reduction if the other too options are too much buff?

(Very Random Question) ...........posted here to not make too much topics......Since M.Q.s are spawned at temple, and can train healers, and I guess qualify as a support unit, does the condemn range for priest upgrade also work with them on convert?
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."

HrdsHrdrck
Intern
Intern
Favorite Civilization: Romanians

Re: Haitians Mother Queens...

Thu May 02, 2019 12:53 am

For the last question i think it should affect.

And i want to put a topic in the spot.
How to regularize and make more interesting the support units?
m sr y m frm stn scrts sn vcls sn nngn rzn prnt

DavidIbragimov
Topic Author
Cangaceiro
Cangaceiro
Favorite Civilization: Zulu

Re: Haitians Mother Queens...

Thu May 02, 2019 2:16 am

I mean, the priests in WOL are already so much more effective than in the classical game, but you are right. Though religion is.....religion.........It would be nice to have some skill variation between the different civs priests. 

Though they have similiar religions, maybe the different individual civ. cultures might also play out a role on how each individual Priest/temple skills and upgrades work.

Again, going back to the Hatians, when I imagine the religion voodoo, I always think  the evil dude from that one Disney Princess movie...."Princess and the Frog". The mysterious knowledges, playing around with people's lives using dark magic, and just being ultimately creepy by 'sometimes' summoning evil spirits and creatures to do their bidding. 

I know this is more fictional than fact, but it would make a very nice religious twist for this civ, if we made Voodoo into something more religiously unique. Because honestly, when I hear "Mother Queen", that sounds like the baddest of the bad, and (though convert is already OP) it would be really nice to see some more.......Voodooish skills.
J.M.O                  
                 -David
"Once you go Zulu you never go back."