This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

rakibul.islam
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

The ottoman

Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:23 pm

The vetern and gurd upgrades for all ottoman units is gone.there is only imperial upgrade in age 5.In vanilla game ottoman units received 100% health/damage bonus in age 3,4 and 5(Veteran 20%,guard 30%,imperial 50%).In this mode ottoman units receive 75% health/damage bonus only in age 5.In the meantime my units remain same from age 2 to age 4.Also their plunder does not work(i killed enemy unit and didn't get any gold).      
Their are many factions in this game and its great but it seems some factions are overpowered and some underpowered.
For example americas military with imperial upgrade: 
cavalry deals 73 mele damage and has 1027 health.cost 2 population.
buffalo soldier 139 rng damage(3*cavalry)(seriously?)
sharpshooter 98 rng damage 30 range(this guy is some super sniper)
marine 41 rng damage 22 range

Now the ottoman military with imperial upgrade
janissary 36 rng damage 12 range(cost more than marine)
abus gun 81 rng damage 19 range
spahi 65 mele damage and 1404 health cost 3 population.

If you compare these charts you can easily see the imbalance in term of firepower.spahi are limited horse unit cost 3 population and still does lower damage compare to cavalry which cost 2 population and can be trained from stable.The buffalo soldier and sharpshooter seems like some uber super soldier that can only be obtained by cheating.This two unit are game breaker.
and how does marine deals more dmg and has more rng the janissary and cost less.  

I really hope you will bring back the vanilla upgrade system for the ottoman.And some of the super soldiers needs nerfing ;) .

Ps:Is this mode compatible with The Ottoman Empire mode. 

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Re: The ottoman

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Lmao, casually comparing with the one civ that has extra upgrades like we wouldn't notice.

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:26 am

rakibul.islam wrote:Ps:Is this mode compatible with The Ottoman Empire mode. 
To answer that: no. About all aoe3 mods are incompatible because they overwrite stuff instead of adding stuff.
The plunder bonus works. When sieging buildings you trickle quite some gold. Several units might not be affected (like the Abus Gun). The units that are affected throw torches.
I understand your worries about the Ottoman troop quality, but comparing the stats with the USA is totally wrong. The USA gets way more upgrades than anyone else, and are for many civs undefeatable very late in a game. If you really wanted to compare stats, you should've used the Sepoy/non-Royal Guard Line Infantry instead.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

rakibul.islam
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:40 am

Circle of Ossus wrote:
rakibul.islam wrote:Ps:Is this mode compatible with The Ottoman Empire mode. 
To answer that: no. About all aoe3 mods are incompatible because they overwrite stuff instead of adding stuff.
The plunder bonus works. When sieging buildings you trickle quite some gold. Several units might not be affected (like the Abus Gun). The units that are affected throw torches.
I understand your worries about the Ottoman troop quality, but comparing the stats with the USA is totally wrong. The USA gets way more upgrades than anyone else, and are for many civs undefeatable very late in a game. If you really wanted to compare stats, you should've used the Sepoy/non-Royal Guard Line Infantry instead.
I understand america gets more  upgrades but they are overpowered.cavalry and buffalo  soldiers deals more damage then spahi which are limited in number.
In the vanilla game spahi were limited because they were very powerful.But now you can train more powerful units then spahi which cost less population then spahi.How is this balanced?
Just because america get more upgrades doesn't mean they can produce cheap soldiers with high rng high dmg and less population.To me this this looks like serious balancing issues.

At least bring the vanilla upgrade system for ottoman and make spahi trainable in stables.this will make it somewhat balanced. 

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 pm

rakibul.islam wrote:

Just because america get more upgrades doesn't mean they can produce cheap soldiers with high rng high dmg and less population.To me this this looks like serious balancing issues.
Actually that's exactly what it means...

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:35 pm

It seems that you didn't get my message: America gets OP late into the game. So comparing with something that is broken is not the way to go. Unless your actual topic isn't about the Ottomans but about the Americans being too strong, you should've known better than comparing the Americans with something that is broken.
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

rakibul.islam
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:07 pm

Circle of Ossus wrote: It seems that you didn't get my message: America gets OP late into the game. So comparing with something that is broken is not the way to go. Unless your actual topic isn't about the Ottomans but about the Americans being too strong, you should've known better than comparing the Americans with something that is broken.

The british units also got upgrades in this mods.several new powerful units have been added here.redcoats are more powerful then before,greenjacket,highlander all powerful range infantry.Their scots deals 150 damages vs cave,100 damage vs infantry 100 vs artillery.british was not this powerful in vanilla game.

My question is why did you made the ottoman weaker then the vanilla version while made other european factions powerful.

hussar is replaced with a weak cavalry deli,ottoman soldiers do not get veteran or guard upgrades but british do even though they are the same european culture.
I thought ottomans will receive powerful new units or upgrades because their units were powerful version of their counterpart in the vanilla game.
ottomans had slower economic start compare to other faction but they had powerful military.

At the end i am just suggesting
The ottoman units needs boost in their attack and range just like their european counterpart.They are expensive units so they should deal more damage and have more range.And make spahi stronger and trainable.bring back  veteran and guard upgrades.    

Pipo
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave
Favorite Civilization: French

Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 am

The Ottomans have the strongest military in age II, you have to take advantage of it because in age III your military will be a little below average and in age IV your units will be a lot weaker than the others. Also you only have to upgrade your units one time instead of three times, saving you resources and allowing you to build more units instead of researching the upgrade

rakibul.islam
Topic Author
Mooing Cow
Mooing Cow

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:57 am

Pipo wrote: The Ottomans have the strongest military in age II, you have to take advantage of it because in age III your military will be a little below average and in age IV your units will be a lot weaker than the others. Also you only have to upgrade your units one time instead of three times, saving you resources and allowing you to build more units instead of researching the upgrade
I am asking why did they purposefully removed ottoman units upgrade system.In the main game they received 20+30+50=100% upgrades.
and now they receives 75% upgrades in imperial age.But british,france and spanish can train their troops with 100% upgrades just like the main game.
the ottoman units cost more then their european counterpart and thats why they were more powerful then their counterpart in the main game.
The british scots deal  150 dmg vs cavalry ,100 dmg vs infantry and it cost 2 population.Now compare this to spahi which deals 65 dmg (in age 5) take 3 population and you can have only 30 of them.You cant train spahi but you can train scots.This the example of their balancing in this mode.
The people in charge of balancing ruined the balance and now playing coy like no will notice.Instead of addressing the obvious issue they are making excuses and diverting.

Ps:You cant rush with ottoman because their veteran and elite upgrades are gone so their soldiers remain the same until age 5. 

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team

Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:00 pm

We're not playing coy, we've never denied that the balance in the mod is funky.

Ps: Do you even know what rush even means?