This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Old Forum User
Topic Author
Acá-Caraya
Acá-Caraya

Best marriage for Habsburg? by rama0897

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:37 pm

Can someone suggest the best marriage combination and HC cards when playing as lvl 40 Habsburg? My playstyle is more of a boomer rather than rusher.

ShinkuroYukinari
Whipped Slave
Whipped Slave

Re: Best marriage for Habsburg? by rama0897

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 pm

Porto,Dutch,(depends),Poland
You can't go wrong with this

CelticCrusader
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Canadians
ESO: CelticCrusader
Steam: CelticCrusader

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:21 am

Yeah porto but also brit is viable age 2, then always dutch age 3, ALWAYS ! Then basically whatever you want. But I like Poland just for them winged hussars , they have like over 1k hp :)
Join the Wars of Liberty steam group here >> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3WOL

If you also play AOE3 Join my group here >>.http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:16 pm

I will recommend the combo in a way that reflects the future when patches fix some of the missing parts like sawmills. For age 1, the choice is really up to what you need in a game. Another aspect to consider is when it comes to the fourth age and you can use the princess guard card. For me, portugal and spain make more sense because they provide better ultimate units in the fourth age, the batidor and the atirador which are flexible units as far as uses is concerned. Age 2 should go to either dutch or swedes unless you want to be agressive then use the other two options. Age 3 should more than likely be maltese unless you want to build artillery upon age up then use the greek princess so you don't need as many mills or plantations. The final age is up for discussion. Polish and Serbs are the most popular options I see in games, yet the others could prove useful as well.

Mandalore_Vlad
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Germans
ESO: Mandalore_Vlad

Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:37 pm

In fact I do not see one better than another, the joke of this city is that you can vary according to your type of game or strategy
Mas vale un vivo que un muerto...Morir por los tuyos es un gran sacrificio pero vivir por ellos es un sacrificio aun mayor

UnstoppableStreletsy
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Koreans

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Its true that all politicians are created equal, however, there is a few that beginner players will find more useful like the dutch and the Maltese who help players bolster there economy in the way that gives them the edge they need. I personally need to build a large economy first before I can even build a good army, so I fall back on Portuguese + dutch these days and like to use malta's stronger walls to keep my economy safe from the Peruvians and Russians players XD. I can build an army early if I have to by going Magyar hussars or pandours in which safe I may actually go with Spanish to take advantage of both the xp bonus and the batidores later.