This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

Stealth
Topic Author
Pistolero
Pistolero
Favorite Civilization: Italians
ESO: RickRuler
Steam: Davinci

Condemning and Denmare

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:28 pm

Priests and Inquisitors are poor at this. Denmare doesn't seem to work at all. If this was improved, it would encourage the use of these units. 
I am too old for games like this but too young to resist playing them

ThatRussianYouKnow
Paisano
Paisano

Re: Condemning and Denmare

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:30 pm

Well I mean, priests were always traditionally healers, and they never had much of a fighting role in the original AOE 3 games. They are mainly for support if you have a battle near your forward bases or your first town center so you can levy the odds in your favor by boosting your troops, not assassinating one by one. At least that is how I use them.

Stealth
Topic Author
Pistolero
Pistolero

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:13 pm

That's all they are good for. Once in awhile they'll condemn an enemy. Wish they would do more though

ThatRussianYouKnow
Paisano
Paisano

Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:06 am

Stealth wrote: That's all they are good for.  Once in awhile they'll condemn an enemy.  Wish they would do more though
Eh, by no means is WOL not growing. Who knows? Maybe in the future priests get revamped again or something. It's really only a question that the devs of WOL could answer, as far as what the fate will be for the priests and other religious units. The priest's condemn action reminds me a lot of how priests convert units in AOE2, so think of it as self-defense or if you are bold, assassinating mercenaries or durable units like elephants.

Stealth
Topic Author
Pistolero
Pistolero

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Monks were so powerful in AOE2, they even healed alot better. So I am hoping they make improvements with them.