This is the official forum for the free, fan-made Age of Empires III modification, Wars of Liberty.

Welcome to the New Forum

We hope you enjoy the official new forum of the Wars of Liberty mod for Age of Empires III! Visit this thread to get acquainted with the new forum, and let us know if there's anything we can fix. Feel free to dismiss this message at any time by clicking the "X" in the top right corner.

Thanks!
The Wars of Liberty Team

Forum rules

• Welcome to The War Academy! This forum is for game strategy and balance discussion. You can also use it to arrange multiplayer matches.
  • The official language in this forum is English.
  • Be nice to other members, don't spam comments or smilies, and don't do anything illegal.
  • Posts that don't fit this forum will be moved or deleted.

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Llanero vs Lancero

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:47 pm

This is not much a suggestion, but more that I'd like someone to clarify me about llanero.

Llanero has 250 hp      Hand attack 20 x2 inf = 40             
Lancero has 300 hp     Hand attack 25 x1.5 inf = 37.5       

The rest of stats are the same

Cost
Llanero 200 food
Lancero 150food 50 gold

The thing that worries me if it is correct, is that why Llanero cost only food and no gold? Should be even less food than lancero. Why? Because Llanero has 50 hp less, that do not balance the 3+ total attack. Even, if you use Llanero to attack artillery, it won't be as effective as Lancero, because base attack is Lancero 25 vs 20 of Llanero.

So, I wonder why would a weaker unit (-50hp) and less attack, would cost more food, for a civ that lacks food starting the game??  Is paying more for a weaker unit.

The food investment on a Llanero is mmmm questionable being weaker than old lancero. Remember that Colombia lacks the food for creating units on 2nd and even 3rd age. 200 food is too much for a weaker unit. I would prefer a gold cost back.

Mmmm I wish had same stats and cost than Lancero. Or at least stronger for that food cost :c

Question, does Llanero still have pig aura? xd
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Circle of Ossus
Volunteer
Volunteer
Favorite Civilization: Colombians

Re: Llanero vs Lancero

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Garfield is right. I didn't even know it had worse stats. I must admit that the high food cost is welcome for later in the game, but it hurts more as in age 2 (and usually also age 3), you have barely the food to pay the unit. Who apparently is also overpriced. Maybe consider making the unit a sturdier variant of the Lancero? Maybe 160f 45 coin, 350 HP but still with the lower attack?
AI game on patch 1.0.11b (and onwards): viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1981
Swiss UA proposal (obsolete?): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=768&p=6612#p6612

Hoop Thrower
Wars of Liberty Team
Wars of Liberty Team
Favorite Civilization: Mapuche
ESO: HoopThrower
Steam: hoop_thrower

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:42 pm

It should still have the aura, yes

carlosbarano
Topic Author
Huampelen
Huampelen
Favorite Civilization: Sioux

Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 pm

xd those pigs no one uses.

The unit already has less attack and less hp. And is costlier. So 3 issues to find the balance. Yeah, I agree with Circle of Ossus' suggestion, it protects the food investment without being op.
*Dos errores no hacen un acierto.
**Si tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? Si no tiene arreglo, ¿de qué te quejas? :)

Mojaak
Master Engineer
Master Engineer

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Before the update the Llanero was useless for me, but I still wanted to know if there is a use.

So you can have maximum 31 Pigs. Before the update the attack got bostet by 4 from 18 to 22 which wasnt really good. But the speed was increased to around 7.5 if i mind this correct. (which is useless because the pigs are still slow as f**)
So my only thoght about them was that they could be good in the lumber mode and move with the pigs not so slow and deal there 18 dmg with a rad of 3, but still... I cant think a Situation where I wanna do this, because it is so slow and cost you 1 card that they deal in the lumber mode so much damage

Hope you understand what I wanted to say